Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State Sponsorship - Should I.... should I not ?

State Sponsorship - Should I.... should I not ?

Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

xuberant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Sponsorship - Should I.... should I not ?

Guys,

Since state sponsorship PR applications are processing fastly and people get CO within days after their sponsorship gets approved. So is it wise to apply for state sponsorship and change GSM class from 175 to 176 or should one wait for 175 processing (CSl/Modl) ?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Default Re: State Sponsorship - Should I.... should I not ?

I am going to apply for state sponsorship as solid plastering is not on the csl. There is no guarantee of getting state sponsorship but for me it is worth a shot, I would rather be in australia sooner ( with some restrictions) than wait in this country for an unknown period. On the other hand if I knew how long I would have to wait for a 175 visa I would choose that instead.
Have you looked at the requirements for state sponsorship?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xuberant
Guys,

Since state sponsorship PR applications are processing fastly and people get CO within days after their sponsorship gets approved. So is it wise to apply for state sponsorship and change GSM class from 175 to 176 or should one wait for 175 processing (CSl/Modl) ?
Both SS & CSLs on priority processing. The time scale differnce will be few weeks. You can wait some more weeks mate. Even for SS you need to wait min 12-16 almost for all the states to get ss
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Both SS & CSLs on priority processing. The time scale differnce will be few weeks. You can wait some more weeks mate. Even for SS you need to wait min 12-16 almost for all the states to get ss
Agreed max time difference will be 3 months but you have the liberty to live anywhere on 175. 2 year constraint in this recession world can be very dangerous, if you can't find a job in your 176 state.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Agreed max time difference will be 3 months but you have the liberty to live anywhere on 175. 2 year constraint in this recession world can be very dangerous, if you can't find a job in your 176 state.
You are right but dont have hope of GSM 175 and am not on CSL.