State Sponsorship

Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

DrewAng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by rushmere
My answers were generally quite short!

My answer to question 11 was "Yes".

My answer to question 11.1 was "Our financial resources will cover relocation expenses and will support us until we find jobs and settle in. We should then have enough money left for a good deposit on a house."

My answer to question 16 was "We would prefer to live in Melbourne as we already have friends there, and are most likely to find work there. However, we would live anywhere in Victoria if necessary to find work."

Hope that helps!
Hi rushmere, we have applied for state sponsorship to WA about a week ago, we never considered Victoria, but after looking at their website and doing lots of research into it we feel this is more suited to us. My question is, on the vic form it asks if you have applied to any other state, if so which? What would you advise to put here? Would you put No, and if so could they find out?
Just don't want them to think we wouldn't be commited to the state of Victoria having applied to WA.

many thanks

Drew
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DrewAng
Hi rushmere, we have applied for state sponsorship to WA about a week ago, we never considered Victoria, but after looking at their website and doing lots of research into it we feel this is more suited to us. My question is, on the vic form it asks if you have applied to any other state, if so which? What would you advise to put here? Would you put No, and if so could they find out?
Just don't want them to think we wouldn't be commited to the state of Victoria having applied to WA.

many thanks

Drew
Personally, I would answer it truthfully. If you say "no" you will always have the nagging doubt that any sponsorship could be withdrawn in future.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Cenzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ddb
I have no intention of lying.

I am just banking upon getting a good value for my house which I intend to sell before making the big move.

Just wanted to be sure that if I quote that I will be bringing $30000, lets say, will they be actually checking that I have brought this much money with me or not?

Am I bound to carry the quoted money at the time of going to Aus?

Pls advise.

I do understand the torment you are suffering, you simply just want to ensure to get it right.

I had some of these questions, you are asking. Re the money situation, there is a requird amount that you need to have (at the moment I can't remember what that is, but it easily available).

I guestimated the value of my house, actually I was significantly below the value at the time but probably nearer to current value. Additionally, I quoted the value as required on top. All justifiable in my case.

That ought to be adequate in this application, and was in my case.

Another thing, not sure if this email addres is still in use, but you can generally get answers to many of your DIAC application and State application form questions.. Give it a go.

[email protected]

All the best. Vin
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Cenzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DrewAng

many thanks

Drew
Drew

Just something you will need to know. When you successfully apply to the State and get your sponsorship, you will be given a specific number that you include in your DIAC application. Obviously at this stage you will only be able to submit one or other State number.

I personally would say you ought to advise both states of your intentions. I would say that the States do have a communication especially about sponsorships.

Good Luck, Vin