State sponsorship

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:56 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question State sponsorship

Guys,

Could you please tell me from where I can find the skill shortage list for the different states in Australia?

Also what's the procedure to apply for it? do I need to secure a job before I could apply for it?

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsorship

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Guys,

Could you please tell me from where I can find the skill shortage list for the different states in Australia?

Also what's the procedure to apply for it? do I need to secure a job before I could apply for it?

Thanks
Depending on what state you want to go to you will look at the state's website for the immigration link. No, you don't need to have a job offer to apply for state sponsorship.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Guys,

Thanks
You can check the attached files for some of the states:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
OccupationList_Permanent.pdf (35.3 KB, 119 views)
OccupationList_Provisional.pdf (74.9 KB, 124 views)
priority-skills-list.pdf (42.2 KB, 111 views)
skills-in-demand-list.pdf (42.1 KB, 100 views)
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Safaet
Hello Safa,

This is a great help. Just want to check something, is there any processing fees for applying for the state sponsorship? If yes, how much?

And also can I apply for the state sponsorship while waiting for the result from the ACS?

Please guide further..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Hello Safa,

This is a great help. Just want to check something, is there any processing fees for applying for the state sponsorship? If yes, how much?

And also can I apply for the state sponsorship while waiting for the result from the ACS?

Please guide further..
There is no fees for state nomination

...some states allow you to file sponsorship application without skill assessment..i am sure Victoria does it...not sure about the rest...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Safaet
These lists are wrong..refer individual state website for new updated lists...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Safa,

Please guide further..
If you are applying by yourself, it is recommended that you thoroughly go through the state-specific websites and make yourself completely familiar with the requirements. Here is the link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...state-terr.htm. Afterwards, if you don't understand anything, you can always ask in this forum. Asking basic questions here without doing the homework will not get you far. Alternatively, you can use a good agent such as Go Matilda or George Lombard.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slippery30
There is no fees for state nomination

...some states allow you to file sponsorship application without skill assessment..i am sure Victoria does it...not sure about the rest...
Correct me if I'm wrong, for ACT there is a fee of around 250 AUS$. For others probably not.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slippery30
These lists are wrong..refer individual state website for new updated lists...
Yes, Slippery! You are right.
Those files were downloaded in September/October 2008. There may be some changes afterwords! SA already changed the list and Victoria is going to change in 12th January.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:48 am
ddb
Forum Regular

ddb is an unknown quantity at this point

How does one get a State Nomination?

Is it that we have to apply for the same?

OR

State itself contacts you by fetching your details from the Skill Matching Database?

Pls advises.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ddb
How does one get a State Nomination?

Is it that we have to apply for the same?

OR

State itself contacts you by fetching your details from the Skill Matching Database?

Pls advises.
You have to apply to the State directly for nomination. Please follow this link for details... http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...state-terr.htm.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:45 pm
ddb
Forum Regular

ddb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caliburn
You have to apply to the State directly for nomination. Please follow this link for details... http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...state-terr.htm.
Thanks Caliburn for the reply.

If you don't mind can I ask which occupation did you get nomination for and from which state?

Also what is the process of contacting the state for nomination?
Is it online or through paper?
What all docs one need to attach with the application?

Also the link mentioned by you is not opening.

Regards
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ddb

If you don't mind can I ask which occupation did you get nomination for and from which state?

Regards
Read the link in detail and I think after that you will have very few questions!
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...state-terr.htm
Wishing you good luck!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ddb

Regards
agree with safaet, after going through the various state websites, you will get to know everything. If the link does not work, go to DIAC website at www.immi.gov.au and look 176 visa details.