which state immigration opened?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

oracle.dba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which state immigration opened?

Which state is currently accepting skilled immigration visas ??

Victoria state says: new arrangements will be in place no earlier than October 2010.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which state immigration opened?

Originally Posted by oracle.dba

Victoria state says: new arrangements will be in place no earlier than October 2010.
SA has an interim list
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:21 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi Oracle

There is a link to SA's interim list on this page - the list is a pdf, which doesn't have a unique URL: http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/im...gen_skill3.jsp

Just remember, it's an interim list only.

If your occupation is not on it, it might still be included on SA's State Migration Plan, or another State's or Territory's SMP.

Best regards
S
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi Oracle

There is a link to SA's interim list on this page - the list is a pdf, which doesn't have a unique URL: http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/im...gen_skill3.jsp

Just remember, it's an interim list only.

If your occupation is not on it, it might still be included on SA's State Migration Plan, or another State's or Territory's SMP.

Best regards
S
thanks
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

NT, SA, NSW, ACT and QLD ( my place of interenst)
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by r_1159
Are these states processing or accepting new applications?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Are these states processing or accepting new applications?
yes they do , just visit their websites
Regards
Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

yes they do , just visit their websites
Regards
thanks
Old Oct 1st 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

ezz_civil is an unknown quantity at this point

hi r_1159
I went through your posts in this forum and I was impressed with the amount of information you have, and I thought if you can answer the following questions:
- what are the reasons behind your choice to QLD for SS
- The application to QLD's SS requires membership in the Bord of Professional Engineers, and that requires assessment from the Engineers Australia, other that the skills assessment for immigration (correct me if I am wrong)

PS:- I am a Civil Engineer

Regards,

Last edited by ezz_civil; Oct 1st 2010 at 12:02 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ezz_civil
hi r_1159
I went through your posts in this forum and I was impressed with the amount of information you have, and I thought if you can answer the following questions:
- what are the reasons behind your choice to QLD for SS
- The application to QLD's SS requires membership in the Bord of Professional Engineers, and that requires assessment from the Engineers Australia, other that the skills assessment for immigration (correct me if I am wrong)

PS:- I am a Civil Engineer

Regards,
Thanks for your kind words,
1- QLD has a good job market for civil engineers. For instance by searching for civil engineer job opportunities in www.seek.com.au you may find 1100 vacancies in QLD while it ranges from 100 too 400 for other states.
QLD immigration team seems to be more supportive to their applicants compared to other states such as SA and VIC and the last thing is that it seems to be a relaxing place for its settlers. I have to point out that I had obtained SA SS as well but I decided to lodge my application with QLD.
2- I inquired this matter before I apply for QLD. Here is their respond to my inquiry

Dear Sir/Madam
Good day

I am a civil engineer and I am keen to apply for QLD state sponsorship,
I have studied QLD documents checklist and found out that an evidence of communication with registration and licensing body shall be provided and submitted along with other documents.
Given that I have already obtained Engineers Australia's positive skills assessment as a civil engineer, Do I need to provide any further evidence ? In this case could you please provide me with some references and guidance ?
I look forward to receiving your reply

Hi xxxx

Thank you for your email. The assessment from Engineers Australia is all you need at this stage. All you need to provide is the documents listed in the Checklist. One document that may not be listed however is a copy of your IELTS test (this was accidentally left off when we recently updated the form). If you are a single person then we also need to see a minimum of $20,000 in cash (Australian dollars)

Regards

So, All you need is a positive assessment from EA.
I hope above information help you. If you need more details send me a private message.
Regards

Last edited by QLDlover; Oct 1st 2010 at 12:34 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

zaske is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your kind words,
1- QLD has a good job market for civil engineers. For instance by searching for civil engineer job opportunities in www.seek.com.au you may find 1100 vacancies in QLD while it ranges from 100 too 400 for other states.
QLD immigration team seems to be more supportive to their applicants compared to other states such as SA and VIC and the last thing is that it seems to be a relaxing place for its settlers. I have to point out that I had obtained SA SS as well but I decided to lodge my application with QLD.
2- I inquired this matter before I apply for QLD. Here is their respond to my inquiry

Dear Sir/Madam
Good day

I am a civil engineer and I am keen to apply for QLD state sponsorship,
I have studied QLD documents checklist and found out that an evidence of communication with registration and licensing body shall be provided and submitted along with other documents.
Given that I have already obtained Engineers Australia's positive skills assessment as a civil engineer, Do I need to provide any further evidence ? In this case could you please provide me with some references and guidance ?
I look forward to receiving your reply

Hi xxxx

Thank you for your email. The assessment from Engineers Australia is all you need at this stage. All you need to provide is the documents listed in the Checklist. One document that may not be listed however is a copy of your IELTS test (this was accidentally left off when we recently updated the form). If you are a single person then we also need to see a minimum of $20,000 in cash (Australian dollars)

Regards

So, All you need is a positive assessment from EA.
I hope above information help you. If you need more details send me a private message.
Regards

Good for you for applying to 176 on Sept 2010! I wish I had known about the list mentioned above for SA, just saw my profession is there. Did not know states are accepting SS requests, if they are on cat 3 (new SOL) - so I applied for 175. I wish you good luck in your process!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 7:15 am
Just Joined

ezz_civil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi r_1159
I have one more question for you.
Last week I have applied for Queensland SMP, and two days back they sent me an email asking for additional information, namely statement of service from employer.
My question is, what information is needed in the statement, and can i send copies of my offer letter, contract or salary slips to be considered as a proof of me being in service.

Thanks you in advance
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ezz_civil
Hi r_1159
I have one more question for you.
Last week I have applied for Queensland SMP, and two days back they sent me an email asking for additional information, namely statement of service from employer.
My question is, what information is needed in the statement, and can i send copies of my offer letter, contract or salary slips to be considered as a proof of me being in service.

Thanks you in advance
A letter from your current employer stating that you are working as a civil engineer with them is enough
They do not require pay slips or other documents
Good luck