Stat Decs and the Bible

Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Stat Decs and the Bible

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am aware that you have to swear on the bible to do a Stat Dec.

What happens if you are not religious?

Husband use to be a muslim but doesnt practise that, so the Koran is not applicable either?

Is there something else they can swear on?
I went to a local public notary and didn't have to swear on anything ( only swearing being done was by Mr. Bookie when he had to hand over £120 for half an hours appointment).
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:58 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Bookie
I went to a local public notary and didn't have to swear on anything ( only swearing being done was by Mr. Bookie when he had to hand over £120 for half an hours appointment).

I suppose the fee depends on where you have it done.

I shall be swearing in four languages if one employer does what i think it will do.

And I can swear fluently in Arabic.

Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:59 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I do stat decs in my line of work very frequently. You do NOT need a bible or anything similiar. You are simply making a statement in accordance with the the Statutory Declarations Act 1837 (or something very similar).

Never, ever seen a bible in 20 years of doing this job!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:01 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Is that really you on the pole?
Hahaha! Suppose the fee would be lower if it were?! (Only joking!)
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:52 am
Darth Darko

"SunshineGirl" <member28337@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> I suppose the fee depends on where you have it done.
    >> I shall be swearing in four languages if one employer does what i
    >> think it will do.
    >> And I can swear fluently in Arabic.
    > I do stat decs in my line of work very frequently. You do NOT need a
    > bible or anything similiar. You are simply making a statement in
    > accordance with the the Statutory Declarations Act 1837 (or something
    > very similar).
    > Never, ever seen a bible in 20 years of doing this job!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Just swear on a carton of Vic Bitter.... I swear on them every night and am
generaly swearing after I finish em off ;)

Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you know - you don't ever need to swear on the bible in the UK, even in court. It states in the bible itself that it should not be used for that purpose so most christians I know wouldn't/don't.

You can request alternative words.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:03 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

We shouldnt get off topic or the thread will close.

Alcohol + Ladyboys in Paton + Lesbian Pole Dancing club = Patong Hospital + Fractured leg and snagged ligament.

Right, back on topic please.
You are fab when your strict, you know!!!!!!

Sam
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:19 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kris,

I see you did your TRA in July.

Can you tell me if you did you own stat dec or did you get a notary/solicitor to type one up and sign it or did you do it yourself and get them to witness.

We are in the process of doing TRA and this is the last hurdle!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know about swearing on the bible anymore, I think I am about to swear quite fluently without one.

And I am feeling like giving it all up at the moment.

Completely and utterly p***ed off with it all.

(sigh)

Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know about swearing on the bible anymore, I think I am about to swear quite fluently without one.

And I am feeling like giving it all up at the moment.

Completely and utterly p***ed off with it all.

(sigh)

Oh no PP !! Have I missed something ? Last I heard you were waiting to hear back from GN. Was it bad news ?

Heather
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi Kris,

I see you did your TRA in July.

Can you tell me if you did you own stat dec or did you get a notary/solicitor to type one up and sign it or did you do it yourself and get them to witness.

We are in the process of doing TRA and this is the last hurdle!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
We did our own then got it winessed, then copied, then certified !!

Heather
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:22 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Oh no PP !! Have I missed something ? Last I heard you were waiting to hear back from GN. Was it bad news ?

Heather

Statements done and signed.

Stat Dec due to be done Monday but maybe not.

Not feeling positive about this at all Im afraid.

I just don't think we have enough evidence.

Glen is happy with what we have but I do not feel positive about it.

In fact, Im very depressed with it.

I have completely lost heart and am too scared to invest any more emotion in it.

I shall do what I have to do but I am going through the motions.

Its when I see my husband working his nuts off studying for his IELTS exam in November, I pray for a miracle that we get it.

Lets hope they happen.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Statements done and signed.

Stat Dec due to be done Monday but maybe not.

Not feeling positive about this at all Im afraid.

I just don't think we have enough evidence.

Glen is happy with what we have but I do not feel positive about it.

In fact, Im very depressed with it.

I have completely lost heart and am too scared to invest any more emotion in it.

I shall do what I have to do but I am going through the motions.

Its when I see my husband working his nuts off studying for his IELTS exam in November, I pray for a miracle that we get it.

Lets hope they happen.
Sorry to hear that PP but if anyone can get you through it's Glen. If he's happy with it then you should be confident it's enough. I do know what you mean though - I lost a lot of confidence about us getting through until we received 'the' email.

Fingers crossed for the exam results - do you have to wait long for them ?

Heather
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by ohippy
Sorry to hear that PP but if anyone can get you through it's Glen. If he's happy with it then you should be confident it's enough. I do know what you mean though - I lost a lot of confidence about us getting through until we received 'the' email.

Fingers crossed for the exam results - do you have to wait long for them ?

Heather

With IELTS you get the results within 2 weeks.

I have told Abdel to enter for it and view it as a mock exam. At worst he fails, at best he passes.

If he fails, he has to wait 3 months before he can resit so I thought lets at least let him enter one for this year.

(shrugs)

I know Glen is happy, I just wonder why I am not? I suppose i have alot on my plate.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

With IELTS you get the results within 2 weeks.

I have told Abdel to enter for it and view it as a mock exam. At worst he fails, at best he passes.

If he fails, he has to wait 3 months before he can resit so I thought lets at least let him enter one for this year.

(shrugs)

I know Glen is happy, I just wonder why I am not? I suppose i have alot on my plate.
If you've got a lot going on at the moment, you're bound to worry about things. Have you tried writing everything down and how you feel about each thing ? Sometimes that helps me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.