starting out!!!

Old Mar 25th 2003, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default starting out!!!

Hi i wonder if you all can give me some advice. My husband and I are planning to emigrate. We have not started the process yet and quite frankly are not sure where to. We have printed off forms from dima and went to the migration exhibition last week and saw a lot of migration experts. i am a nurse and my husband works in sales. Him and our children would piggyback on my visa. We both have family who are willing to sponsor. should we complete forms alone or do we use an expert. whats your experiences?
Any help much appreciated.
Old Mar 25th 2003, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

crocoonimper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: starting out!!!

Originally posted by parkhigh
Hi i wonder if you all can give me some advice. My husband and I are planning to emigrate. We have not started the process yet and quite frankly are not sure where to. We have printed off forms from dima and went to the migration exhibition last week and saw a lot of migration experts. i am a nurse and my husband works in sales. Him and our children would piggyback on my visa. We both have family who are willing to sponsor. should we complete forms alone or do we use an expert. whats your experiences?

Hi
I am a nurse, we got my skills assessed by ANC in Dec, took about 4 weeks, cost @ £250. Our application went in to DIMIA 5 weeks ago, and today we have recieved correspondence from Adelaide to get our medicals done. We were aware they were fast tracking nurses but even so....! It was a bit of a palaver getting all the paperwork together but not impossible, and to my complete astonishment the NMC were really helpful and even answered the phone within 30 mins!
If there is anything we can help you with feel free to email or post back. hubby is a policeman & we have twins 12 months!
Old Mar 25th 2003, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

You have excellent chances to migrate to Australia and much faster than all of us, because as a nurse, you will get PR in 12-16 weeks. The first step would be to go to Australin NUrsing Council website and download all material for skills assessment. Next, apply for it. You should have now by calculate dyour points from Booklet 1119 and if you score 115 or more, you can go alone without getting your husband skills assessed. Yo will also get 5 points for MODL. I think that you can do all this alone, but just to be safe, you might spend extra bucks on a lwayer...
Old Mar 25th 2003, 9:47 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Not that I want to put a downer on things..but 12-16 weeks is a bit optomisitc...july 2002 i applied and still not got it...but i did make a few mistakes!!!sob!
Old Mar 26th 2003, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

lucinda75 is an unknown quantity at this point

which part of Aus are you hoping to settle in? Im on the mornington peninsula (melbourne) and love it...it reminds me of home...Im from Torquay.

nurses are indeed fast tracked now..last July Phil Ruddock announced that all visa applications from nurses should be fast tracked.
I applied for a temp employer sponsored visa...and got it back within a week!!!! (front loaded).

I am now applying for perm residency through the same scheme, but it means more medicals and cxrs...boo hoo!!

it should take me about 8 weeks (when those uk police checks bother to surface..!)
Old Mar 26th 2003, 11:49 am
Siobhan Hanrahan

Hi,

Unless you have unusual circumstances or are too busy to deal with all the paperwork, then there's no reason why you need to hire an agent. I am a nurse also & once you have gathered all the evidence together, its just a matter of waiting. My visa process took 50 weeks - a little longer than usual because we had a baby in July; with sponsorship from my sister (being the grand old age of 36 I didn't quite make the points without her help).
Here's a breakdown of the costs: $500 skills assessment from ANCI, £25 certified copies of everything to accompany the assessment application, £1,275 visa, £20 certified copies of everything to go with the visa applications, £20 on photos, $5,000 Assurance Bond.

Both the ANCI skills assessment & the visa application have a checklist of the documents you need to include (certified copies available from Notary Public solicitor).

We hope to go in the next couple of months once the house is sold. If you need any info, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

siobhan(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk

Good luck.

Siobhan

"parkhigh" wrote in message...

Old Mar 27th 2003, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default starting out

Hello
was at work yesterday so just checking out the emails. Yes we are hoping to go to the mornington my aunt says that we will love it there. what type of nurse are you? i am an rmn?

i will keep in touch if thats alright
regards
irene

Originally posted by lucinda75
which part of Aus are you hoping to settle in? Im on the mornington peninsula (melbourne) and love it...it reminds me of home...Im from Torquay.

nurses are indeed fast tracked now..last July Phil Ruddock announced that all visa applications from nurses should be fast tracked.
I applied for a temp employer sponsored visa...and got it back within a week!!!! (front loaded).

I am now applying for perm residency through the same scheme, but it means more medicals and cxrs...boo hoo!!

it should take me about 8 weeks (when those uk police checks bother to surface..!)
Old Mar 27th 2003, 7:18 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: starting out

Hello
was at work yesterday so just checking out the emails. Yes we are hoping to go to the mornington my aunt says that we will love it there. what type of nurse are you? i am an rmn?

i will keep in touch if thats alright
regards
irene
Mornington Peninsula is where we are heading. We have friends who are from there and it was due to our visit that made us decide thats where we want to live.

The waiting is the worst part and the not hearing anything. We applied Nov 2002 hope to be there next year at this time but who knows.

Jo
Old May 3rd 2003, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

If you hang on until 01 July 2003 you will be able to get 10 points for MODL.Just a thought if you needed them 5 extra points.
I have just sent my skills assessment off to ANC at a cost of A$530.00 approx £220.00. NMC verification costs £34.00
Forms were relatively straightforward.The hard part was getting previous employers to provide statement of employment(required for the last 5yrs) and I also struggled to get a transcript/syllabus of my training as the School of Nursing where i trained no longer exists.
The NMC have assured me that they will send this directly to OZ.
Hope this info helps.Please free to send me a PM if you require any further info and I will try to help

Di
Old May 3rd 2003, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Just a quick reply,

The ANC is the hard bit as it takes fluookin ages to get all documents / transcrips together,

I don't think you will need a Agent, just claim the points you need 115 is enough and it will fly through ...

Our PR took 84 days from start to finish ex ANC,

Good luck,

Get the booklet,

Last edited by scoobydooathome; May 3rd 2003 at 4:52 pm.
Old May 3rd 2003, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Originally posted by lucinda75

Hi Lucinda
I'm going over on temporary employer sposored visa and intend to go for a PR then, is there a time limit you ave to wait in between getting one visa and applying for the other? And will i have to go throught the police check/medicals again even if they are less than 12 months old? Are your employesrs sponsoring you again for your PR?
Mandy