SS but not on CSL

Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough
Default SS but not on CSL

After 5 months wait i just received SS approval from state but i m not on CSL that put me on priority level 5 after 23 sept ..i heard somewhere in this forum that there are some chances that DIAC will revise the priority list as states are lobbying for its just for me.
I am confused if i apply now i will have to wait til 2012?or are there really chances that DIAC will revise its priority list?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Concurent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SS but not on CSL

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
After 5 months wait i just received SS approval from state but i m not on CSL that put me on priority level 5 after 23 sept ..i heard somewhere in this forum that there are some chances that DIAC will revise the priority list as states are lobbying for its just for me.
I am confused if i apply now i will have to wait til 2012?or are there really chances that DIAC will revise its priority list?
well, they always revise rules there is no secret out of it, but nobody knows who will benefit...
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Only crystal balls can give you the answer.
Meanwhile the migration minister says "Hang on and enjoy your lottery".
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

If you don't apply = no visa.
And if DIAC do change priorities and you apply then you'll be behind everyone else who did apply and was prepared to wait..
5 mths which state if you don't mind me asking
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:42 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi Fahad

DIAC has advised that an announcement will be made in December about the results of the MODL Review run jointly by DIAC and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.

It has already advised that the CSL will be phased out as result of the Review and the Review itself is considering three options with regard to the way the new Future Skills List (the new name for MODL) will work.

The Review also sought comment on other models for the FSL not listed in its Issues Paper.

Against that backdrop, there has been lobbying from the States to restore priority to occupations on their own skills shortages lists and Australia has had quite a lot of negative publicity on the world stage recently due to the international media takeup of the asylum seekers issue, the closure of colleges in Melbourne and, of course, the retrospective nature of the 23 September policy changes.

As other posters on this thread have advised, nobody can comment authoritatively yet on the direction DIAC is likely to take with regard to processing priorities. It would only be speculation to do so.

We can only hope that DIAC's December announcement restores some equity to those adversely affected by the 23 September policy change, as well as reflecting a strategic, intelligent and forward thinking perspective to address Australia's current and forecast skills needs.

Best regards
Susan
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough

@susan...thanx susan for such a comprehensive info...
@paulandcelia....it was ACT(they had delayed processing for some ICT professional then resumed again so it took 5 months)
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

aybee_bose is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: SS but not on CSL

Hello Members.....

Any idea what might Happen to the category of GENERAL ELECTRICIAN. Applied September Victoria SS..

Can we hope that we can be put on the Future Skill List or kept away from it

Regards,