Spuses Visa

Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

sturpie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spuses Visa

Can anyone give me an idea of the general tunaround time for a Spouses Visa (assuming all documentation are in order - medical, pcc etc) at Australia House in London ?

I'm flying to Oz on 11th october 04 and will be submitting my visa application on 25th August 04.

If by the time i need to travel I have not received my visa what can I do ?

Regards

Simon
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:35 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spuses Visa

Originally posted by sturpie1
Can anyone give me an idea of the general tunaround time for a Spouses Visa (assuming all documentation are in order - medical, pcc etc) at Australia House in London ?

I'm flying to Oz on 11th october 04 and will be submitting my visa application on 25th August 04.

Regards

Simon
Hi there,

If you provide all info it should be no problem.

Have a look at www.austimeline.com

or my previous post

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=242048

Both of these should help

Good Luck

PJ
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:39 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is also on the austimeline website.

But just in case you cant find it mine took a whole 2 days to be granted.

cheers

TT

Regards

Simon
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by TrickyTree

cheers

TT
Thanks for that.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Jacko1
Hi there,

If you provide all info it should be no problem.

Have a look at www.austimeline.com

or my previous post

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=242048

Both of these should help

Good Luck

PJ
Thanks for info
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by TrickyTree

cheers

TT
How would I make a front end loaded spouses visa application ?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:59 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the million dollar question.

Your about to open a big can of worms.

The link below will take you to the partner migration booklet.

http://dima.cardgate.net/Partner_Migration/1127.pdf

I suggest you print it out and read it thoroughly.

It should be a little clearer after that.

TT

How would I make a front end loaded spouses visa application ?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

finsbury will become famous soon enough

Simon

Your application could be delayed if you have medical issues that could require a further assessment in Australia. If you do a search on this forum for 'Category B' it should provide more information.

Some applications have been turned around in a couple of days but I wouldn't bank on that timescale. If you submit the perfect application, which lands on the perfect desk at the perfect time, then your application will probably be turned around in a couple of days. But if you do not have the perfect application, i.e. medical problem, lack of joint bills etc. then it will take longer.

I knew that my application would entail delays because there were medical issues attached. That's why we applied sooner rather than later (visa was awarded in June but not travelling until November). We estimated that it would probably take 4-6 weeks and it was pretty much bang on the fourth week when I got it.

I'm not trying to put you off but it isn't as simple as banging in an application and it getting turned around within 48 hours. It requires a lot of upfront work and you need to get the structure of your application right. Suggest as a starting point you look at a thread from mlbonner (Michelle) about useful starting information [sorry can't remember what it's called]. That's as good a starting point as I've seen anywhere.

Not sure what you would do if your application is not complete by the date of your flight. You might be able to transfer it from London to Australia but that would again cause delay and confusion. The system can be bureaucratic so delays would not be uncommon if you don't get it right first time.

Hope this helps and doesn't put you off in any way. Good luck
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:02 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by finsbury
Simon

Your application could be delayed if you have medical issues that could require a further assessment in Australia. If you do a search on this forum for 'Category B' it should provide more information.

Some applications have been turned around in a couple of days but I wouldn't bank on that timescale. If you submit the perfect application, which lands on the perfect desk at the perfect time, then your application will probably be turned around in a couple of days. But if you do not have the perfect application, i.e. medical problem, lack of joint bills etc. then it will take longer.

I knew that my application would entail delays because there were medical issues attached. That's why we applied sooner rather than later (visa was awarded in June but not travelling until November). We estimated that it would probably take 4-6 weeks and it was pretty much bang on the fourth week when I got it.

I'm not trying to put you off but it isn't as simple as banging in an application and it getting turned around within 48 hours. It requires a lot of upfront work and you need to get the structure of your application right. Suggest as a starting point you look at a thread from mlbonner (Michelle) about useful starting information [sorry can't remember what it's called]. That's as good a starting point as I've seen anywhere.

Not sure what you would do if your application is not complete by the date of your flight. You might be able to transfer it from London to Australia but that would again cause delay and confusion. The system can be bureaucratic so delays would not be uncommon if you don't get it right first time.

Hope this helps and doesn't put you off in any way. Good luck
Hi,

My time line is at the bottom of all my posts.

If I were you the 1st thing I would do is get your medical booked and you police check applied for as the last thing you want is to have everything ready to go and be waiting on them. ALso start rifling for all joint bils etc, as per MLBONNER list, it is excellent.

Get friends and family etc doing the stat decs so you are not waiting for any of that aswell. I got my inlaws and 2 friends in Australia to do form 888, it is not necessary but my theory was the more the better and the stat decs I had don by Uk friends and family was basically a statement based on the questions asked on form 888..

Good luck Fingers crossed if all is in order and you have no medical probs you should be fine.

Cheers
Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards

Simon
As everyone is saying start your preparations now. Hope you do not need an Aussie police check as they seem to be taking months at the moment.

Make sure you have your full birth certificate and get started on obtaining stat decs.

If you go to Oz on an ETA then you will have to return to the UK for the actual grant of your visa.