Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa - Spouse gets new passport between visa approval and entering Australia

Spouse Visa - Spouse gets new passport between visa approval and entering Australia

Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Question Spouse Visa - Spouse gets new passport between visa approval and entering Australia

Hi

I'm just in the process of gathering all the paperwork together for my TR subclass 461 (Australian temporary resident by virtue of being the spouse of a New Zealand citizen).

I noticed that my wife has only 1 year left on her NZ passport. If I apply for my visa providing her current passport as evidence of her citizenship, and then before we enter Australia, she renews her passport, will this be a problem?

Also, her current passport is in her maiden name, with an addendum to say she changed her name at marriage, whereas any new passport would be in her married name.

Thanks for any info

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:14 am
Life is a beach :-)

Susannah&Jens has a spectacular aura aboutSusannah&Jens has a spectacular aura aboutSusannah&Jens has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Spouse gets new passport between visa approval and entering Australia

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi

I'm just in the process of gathering all the paperwork together for my TR subclass 461 (Australian temporary resident by virtue of being the spouse of a New Zealand citizen).

I noticed that my wife has only 1 year left on her NZ passport. If I apply for my visa providing her current passport as evidence of her citizenship, and then before we enter Australia, she renews her passport, will this be a problem?

Also, her current passport is in her maiden name, with an addendum to say she changed her name at marriage, whereas any new passport would be in her married name.

Thanks for any info

Cheers

Buzzy

Hi Buzzy,

DIMA do recommend that passports be valid for at least another two years, but I think I have read about people getting a new one before. You then have to fill in another form and have the new passport certified. Let your case officer know the details once you have one.

Cheers Susannah
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Spouse gets new passport between visa approval and entering Austral

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi

Thanks for any info

Cheers

Buzzy

Dear BB,

Your wife's passport would be valid for entry to Australia whenever issued. You just need to make sure that your own passport doesn't change before entry as the record of your visa is linked to your passport number.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spouse Visa - Spouse gets new passport between visa approval and entering Austral

Thanks again George.

Cheers

Buzzy