Spouse Visa Question

Old Mar 7th 2002, 12:35 am
Faye

Default Spouse Visa Question

Hi,

My husband put in his application to migrate (under a spouse visa) to Australia 3
months ago (11/12/01). We havent heard nothing at all from the Australian Embassy
here and when we inquire as to how the application is going they always reply the
same "too early".

Here's the background on us:

I was born in Australia and came to Lebanon 13/05/01. I lived with my now husband for
2 months before getting engaged (10/08/01), then married him 3 months later
(05/11/01). We submitted the application personally to the Australian Embassy here in
Beirut and he did the medicals the same day. Six weeks after the application was
submitted the medical documents had been sent to Australia, checked and returned back
to the Embassy here in Lebanon with the medicals having no problems.

Ive been here for 10 months now in Lebanon. I cant afford to stay here much longer as
i have work waiting for me back home. I have no family here whatsoever, except for my
husband. As an Australian , its hard to go many places here, on my own. My hubbie
works long hours so most if not all my day is spent indoors. Its hard being on my own
most of the time. I dont want to return to Australia without my husband as i dont
know how long i would have to live without him before the Visa is approved/rejected.
I have tried all avenues with the Embassy and they cant give me a straight answer.

What i dont understand is why couples are having their visa's approved within 2
months of submitting their application. Most of the couples that we know have
spent 2 months and under with their partners and they seem to be approved right
away. I understand that every case is different. Living life in limbo is getting
to me i suppose.

Any advise, tips and help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

-Faye

Old Mar 7th 2002, 6:07 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: Spouse Visa Question

Hi Faye,

Lebanon is a pretty good post for spouse visa processing, but there isn't much of a
difference between 2 and 4 months in bureaucratic terms, probably those who got their
visas quickly used experienced agents or were lucky with their case officer. You
should just email the Embassy for a status report.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Faye wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
    >Hi,
    >
    >My husband put in his application to migrate (under a spouse visa) to Australia 3
    >months ago (11/12/01). We havent heard nothing at all from the Australian Embassy
    >here and when we inquire as to how the application is going they always reply the
    >same "too early".
    >
    >Here's the background on us:
    >
    >I was born in Australia and came to Lebanon 13/05/01. I lived with my now husband
    >for 2 months before getting engaged (10/08/01), then married him 3 months later
    >(05/11/01). We submitted the application personally to the Australian Embassy here
    >in Beirut and he did the medicals the same day.
Six
    >weeks after the application was submitted the medical documents had been sent to
    >Australia, checked and returned back to the Embassy here in Lebanon with the
    >medicals having no problems.
    >
    >Ive been here for 10 months now in Lebanon. I cant afford to stay here
much
    >longer as i have work waiting for me back home. I have no family here whatsoever,
    >except for my husband. As an Australian , its hard to go many places here, on my
    >own. My hubbie works long hours so most if not all my day is spent indoors. Its hard
    >being on my own most of the time. I dont want to return to Australia without my
    >husband as i dont know how long i would have to live without him before the Visa is
    >approved/rejected. I
have
    >tried all avenues with the Embassy and they cant give me a straight answer.
    >
    >What i dont understand is why couples are having their visa's approved within 2
    >months of submitting their application. Most of the couples that we know have
    >spent 2 months and under with their partners and they seem to be approved right
    >away. I understand that every case is different. Living life in limbo is getting
    >to me i suppose.
    >
    >Any advise, tips and help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Kind Regards
    >
    >-Faye