Spouse Visa Queries

Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

swim007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Queries

Hi all,

I got GSM 175 Visa in July 2011 and visited Australia for a week in Nov 2011 to stamp PR. Since then I didn't went Australia due to my family issues. Now I got married in Oct 2013 and was planning to apply for Spouse Visa for my wife. We both are living together and well settled in Dubai, UAE. But we both have firm plans to relocate in Australia by 2014.

I have below queries.

1: What visa subclass my wife shall apply for Spouse Visa
2: Is it better to hire service of MARA agent for Spouse Visa Processing
3: I was reading Partner Migration Booklet and it says for sponsor who is on PR: "If you are an Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you are required to be usually resident in Australia"
In my case, I am not a usual resident in Australia however we have firm plans to relocate in Australia.

Please advise on above points specially the 3rd one. We both belongs from HR country.

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2013, 4:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Queries

Originally Posted by swim007
Hi all,

I got GSM 175 Visa in July 2011 and visited Australia for a week in Nov 2011 to stamp PR. Since then I didn't went Australia due to my family issues. Now I got married in Oct 2013 and was planning to apply for Spouse Visa for my wife. We both are living together and well settled in Dubai, UAE. But we both have firm plans to relocate in Australia by 2014.

I have below queries.

1: What visa subclass my wife shall apply for Spouse Visa
She applies for a Spouse Visa Offshore. Its clear on the forms which box to tick for that
2: Is it better to hire service of MARA agent for Spouse Visa Processing
Depends if your case is straightforward. Read the forms and the Partner Booklet and you should then both know whether you are able to do it alone.
3: I was reading Partner Migration Booklet and it says for sponsor who is on PR: "If you are an Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you are required to be usually resident in Australia"
In my case, I am not a usual resident in Australia however we have firm plans to relocate in Australia.

Please advise on above points specially the 3rd one. We both belongs from HR country.

Thanks
Provide as much info as you can about your intentions to move and settle here and you should be fine - proof of visits, job applications and research, research into housing, openong bank accounts maybe, plus details of any friends and family you have here.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
She applies for a Spouse Visa Offshore. Its clear on the forms which box to tick for that
Agree. But which visa subclass XXX ? Is it Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801) ?

Depends if your case is straightforward. Read the forms and the Partner Booklet and you should then both know whether you are able to do it alone.
Agree. I need to take prints of Partner Booklet & relevant forms.

Provide as much info as you can about your intentions to move and settle here and you should be fine - proof of visits, job applications and research, research into housing, openong bank accounts maybe, plus details of any friends and family you have here.
  1. Visit: just a week visit & that was done to stamp PR - So not much helpful
  2. Job Applications & Research: Not done yet, was thinking to get spouse visa and then do
  3. Housing: Yes, I have done that. Sent emails to Real State Agents for buying house. But didn't bought - Can I attach these "several" emails of few months back ?
  4. Bank Accounts: I don't have one now. However, am thinking to open my bank account and transfer my savings of 30K AUD. Will it make case strong ?
  5. Friends: I have few family friends in AU. But what proof shall I provide ?

Thanks Pollyana !!
Old Dec 18th 2013, 6:14 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. But which visa subclass XXX ? Is it Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801) ?

Agree. I need to take prints of Partner Booklet & relevant forms.

1. Visit: just a week visit & that was done to stamp PR - So not much helpful
  2. Job Applications & Research: Not done yet, was thinking to get spouse visa and then do
  3. Housing: Yes, I have done that. Sent emails to Real State Agents for buying house. But didn't bought - Can I attach these "several" emails of few months back ?
  4. Bank Accounts: I don't have one now. However, am thinking to open my bank account and transfer my savings of 30K AUD. Will it make case strong ?
  5. Friends: I have few family friends in AU. But what proof shall I provide ?

Thanks Pollyana !!
a bank account will show commitment to move because you are moving your cash. Friends and family can provide statements about their plans to meet with you in Aus, and can show that you have a support network already there.

Subclasses 309 and 100 are the offshore Spouse Visa, as on the forms
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:12 am
Just Joined

a bank account will show commitment to move because you are moving your cash. Friends and family can provide statements about their plans to meet with you in Aus, and can show that you have a support network already there.

Subclasses 309 and 100 are the offshore Spouse Visa, as on the forms
I think my case is bit complex as its almost 2 and half years I got PR and during this span I visited AU just for a week to give first entry for activating PR.

I can open Bank Account and move my funds in AU Bank Account, I have family friends etc which can provide statement, I have attested marriage certificate which can proof my in-spouse relationship with my wife, and I have other evidences as well which can support my case. But beside all these evidences, proof etc. I think I need to hire a proper agent which excel in handling such a case, specifically in dealing with offshore spouse visa where a PR Sponsor is out of AU (since activating PR) for a long period (2.5 yrs).

Having said that, do you know any agent or recommend some agent who is expert in dealing offshore spouse visa? If not, then what is the criteria to look for an agent? Shall I start looking for those MARA agents which are based here in Dubai or shall I broader the scope and look for overseas agents, e.g agent based in AU/UK etc ?

Your help/guidance here will be valuable in processing further.

Many thanks!
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

I think my case is bit complex as its almost 2 and half years I got PR and during this span I visited AU just for a week to give first entry for activating PR.

I can open Bank Account and move my funds in AU Bank Account, I have family friends etc which can provide statement, I have attested marriage certificate which can proof my in-spouse relationship with my wife, and I have other evidences as well which can support my case. But beside all these evidences, proof etc. I think I need to hire a proper agent which excel in handling such a case, specifically in dealing with offshore spouse visa where a PR Sponsor is out of AU (since activating PR) for a long period (2.5 yrs).

Having said that, do you know any agent or recommend some agent who is expert in dealing offshore spouse visa? If not, then what is the criteria to look for an agent? Shall I start looking for those MARA agents which are based here in Dubai or shall I broader the scope and look for overseas agents, e.g agent based in AU/UK etc ?

Your help/guidance here will be valuable in processing further.

Many thanks!
AN agent does not need to be based where you are, the main advice I would give is that you choose one who is MARA regostered.

There are several that use this site, posting information for free, and they put their details in their signatures so that peple can contact them and engage them for help with visas. If you look for posts by TeeTMI, George Lombard or Alan Collett, I would personally recommend any of those.