spouse visa-processing times?

Old May 11th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

sybilipicus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa-processing times?

Hi All

Does anyone know how long spouse visas are taking to process at the mo (approximately obviously!)

Thanks
Old May 11th 2009, 10:05 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa-processing times?

Are you applying onshore or off-shore? Onshore applications they are quoting 6 - 8 months to process but mine was done in 4 months.

If it's offshore and through London it's much quicker generally sometimes being just a matter of weeks if the application is front-loaded with the medicals/police check and provided that everything is straightforward.

Good luck
Old May 11th 2009, 10:16 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sybilipicus
Hi All

Does anyone know how long spouse visas are taking to process at the mo (approximately obviously!)

Thanks
Each and every different DIAC office has a different processing culture and likely processing time. Best to call the relevant office.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 11th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info

I'll be applying offshore so fingers crossed it won't be too long as until we have that it's quite difficult to make plans!

I thought that you can't always get the medical in advance?
Old May 11th 2009, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sybilipicus
Thanks for the info

I'll be applying offshore so fingers crossed it won't be too long as until we have that it's quite difficult to make plans!

I thought that you can't always get the medical in advance?
What country are you applying in? The UK and Ireland you are expected to front load everything at the same time. No idea on the rules for other countries.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Am applying in the UK so will look at getting the medical done!!

In the meantime I'll ask the necessary people to complete their support forms.

Many thanks
Old May 11th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice

I recieved this info from my CO, last week 08/05

As a guideline, current processing times for Family Migration visas at the Australian High Commission London are approximately 3-4 months due to our current workloads. This timeframe can vary however depending on various factors including the complexity of the application. We therefore recommend that you do not take any irreversible action during the processing of your application (such as leaving your employment, purchasing airline tickets, or selling your property) until and unless it has been confirmed in writing that your visa has been granted

However I was also Quoted an Average of 12weeks when I enquired in Feb this year..

Guess its busier now

Hope its usefull
Old May 11th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

edman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There

My CO sent me an email two weeks ago saying they aim to complete the process within a three month period at the London office.

Hope that helps

e
Old May 11th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

BrightYellowGun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by edman
Hi There

My CO sent me an email two weeks ago saying they aim to complete the process within a three month period at the London office.

Hope that helps

e
This is really not good news - I'd been told it could be done in a matter of days.

I'm going to Oz on 4th June on a WHV and moving in with my boyfriend. We'd intended to hop over to NZ when my year is up and apply for a de facto spouse visa over there. I'm panicking now, I don't know what we'll do if we have to wait that long.

If you apply onshore will they give you a bridging visa allowing you to stay until they've made a decision on your application?
Old May 11th 2009, 3:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrightYellowGun
This is really not good news - I'd been told it could be done in a matter of days.

I'm going to Oz on 4th June on a WHV and moving in with my boyfriend. We'd intended to hop over to NZ when my year is up and apply for a de facto spouse visa over there. I'm panicking now, I don't know what we'll do if we have to wait that long.

If you apply onshore will they give you a bridging visa allowing you to stay until they've made a decision on your application?
It can be granted in days in the UK, but it depends on the number of applications in a the time.
Processing times in NZ may be substantially different from London.

If you are here on a WHV and you are eligible for the de facto visa before the WHV expires, then you can apply onshore, and you will automatically be put on a bridging visa until a decision is made.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

BrightYellowGun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Processing times in NZ may be substantially different from London.
After having a big panic earlier, I calmed down and wondered if NZ processing times might be a lot quicker because there probably isn't a mass exodus like there is from the UK at the moment. I've emailed them to ask what the current times are, not sure if I'll get a reply though.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are here on a WHV and you are eligible for the de facto visa before the WHV expires, then you can apply onshore, and you will automatically be put on a bridging visa until a decision is made.
We're not technically eligible for the de facto visa until the date I'm supposed to leave the country - we've never lived together before so the WHV and the 12 months are concurrent.

I've just been reading all the info on the immi website (I'd not read it in massive detail before) and it seems to me that I could go down to the Sydney office on 4th June 2010 (I enter Oz on 5th June 2009) which would mean we'd had 365 days of defacto-ness, lodge my application in person and be granted a bridging visa straight away, thus not breaking any laws by overstaying my visa. Thoughts?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:41 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrightYellowGun
After having a big panic earlier, I calmed down and wondered if NZ processing times might be a lot quicker because there probably isn't a mass exodus like there is from the UK at the moment. I've emailed them to ask what the current times are, not sure if I'll get a reply though.

We're not technically eligible for the de facto visa until the date I'm supposed to leave the country - we've never lived together before so the WHV and the 12 months are concurrent.

I've just been reading all the info on the immi website (I'd not read it in massive detail before) and it seems to me that I could go down to the Sydney office on 4th June 2010 (I enter Oz on 5th June 2009) which would mean we'd had 365 days of defacto-ness, lodge my application in person and be granted a bridging visa straight away, thus not breaking any laws by overstaying my visa. Thoughts?
Dear BYG,

Auckland processing times have always been longer than elsewhere as Kiwis don't need to apply for spouse visas and therefore they don't have significant staffing allocation for family visas. London normally much quicker, but there is a thread today suggesting that it might be as long as three months these days.

As far as an onshore application is concerned I would suggest you contact IARC at www.iarc.asn.au to see what they say about whether the year has to be completed before you can apply. Also unlikely that you would have significant evidence proving that you were in a fully-fledged de facto relationship on the day of arrival.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 21st 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice

Am wondering what "Processing" actually means in London...

Once you have submitted all your documents and they have been assessed, isnt it a case of thumbs up or thumbs down??

I have supplied additional evidence for a defacto visa, the documents have been recieved but need to be assessed - is that counted as processing the application??
Old May 21st 2009, 3:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teppic
Am wondering what "Processing" actually means in London...

Once you have submitted all your documents and they have been assessed, isnt it a case of thumbs up or thumbs down??

I have supplied additional evidence for a defacto visa, the documents have been recieved but need to be assessed - is that counted as processing the application??
Processing almost certainly applies to the assessing of the documents, and the establishing of the facts as to whether its an ongoing relationship etc.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

edman is an unknown quantity at this point

Since the thread is called " spouse visa-processing times?"
I can tell you I got mine today and it was 11 weeks from start to
finish inc a referred medical. I applied thru London and didnt do my meds
until they asked for them. I reckon it would have been much faster if I front loaded those and the cop clearance forms. I see on another post someone
else got theirs today in only 5 weeks.

Gotta say my CO was excellent...she was really friendly all the time and very very helpful when I needed a bit of help ! I dont think its allowed on here to tell you her name so I wont but if you have a CO with initials M.A. in london and its a lady shes a bloody star!

edman....heading for Brisbane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.