spouse visa - please help

Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default spouse visa - please help

I am in the later stages of a spouse visa application, and the embassy have come back and asked me for:

"A notarised statement from the sponsor explaining how they intend to meet
their sponsorship obligations -–eg, what are the plans for employment,
accommodation, etc for the return to Australia?"

We were a bit surprised by this. My husband is Australian but neither of us live there right now. The intent of me getting this visa is that we will hopefully both find a job and of course we'll need to rent somewhere to live. But has anyone written one of these? Should he just outline the qualifications he has and say what sort of job he hopes to get? Anything else? How long should it be?
Thanks!!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

scobar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa - please help

Hi,

check out Simone's and Sander's posts. They both lived in Netherlands before applying for a spouse visa if I remember well. I think this one might help you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=spouse
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: spouse visa - please help

Originally Posted by sid_s
I am in the later stages of a spouse visa application, and the embassy have come back and asked me for:

"A notarised statement from the sponsor explaining how they intend to meet
their sponsorship obligations -–eg, what are the plans for employment,
accommodation, etc for the return to Australia?"

We were a bit surprised by this. My husband is Australian but neither of us live there right now. The intent of me getting this visa is that we will hopefully both find a job and of course we'll need to rent somewhere to live. But has anyone written one of these? Should he just outline the qualifications he has and say what sort of job he hopes to get? Anything else? How long should it be?
Thanks!!
Don't worry, it's just a simple omission on your sponsor's part. Everyone has to do this if they are not in Australia, as it asks on form 40SP - "if your current address is not in Australia, please attach a statement stating how you will meet your sponsorship obligations" - or similar. I sponsored my husband (we live in the UK) and I just made up a document with headings outlining each obligation - i.e. provide accommodation, provide info and advice on settling, provide support in English language (not necessary I suspect) and attend an interview if requested, and just stated our intentions, with some simple calculations showing how much we would have to live on from the sale of the house after we've bought various things in Australia, e.g. house, car, rental costs, living expenses etc etc. It was only about 2 pages long. If you want to see a copy of mine to get an idea, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you (with the figures deleted of course!).
Hope this helps.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
Don't worry, it's just a simple omission on your sponsor's part. Everyone has to do this if they are not in Australia, as it asks on form 40SP - "if your current address is not in Australia, please attach a statement stating how you will meet your sponsorship obligations" - or similar. I sponsored my husband (we live in the UK) and I just made up a document with headings outlining each obligation - i.e. provide accommodation, provide info and advice on settling, provide support in English language (not necessary I suspect) and attend an interview if requested, and just stated our intentions, with some simple calculations showing how much we would have to live on from the sale of the house after we've bought various things in Australia, e.g. house, car, rental costs, living expenses etc etc. It was only about 2 pages long. If you want to see a copy of mine to get an idea, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you (with the figures deleted of course!).
Hope this helps.
Errr? I don't remember that question at all. Certainly didn't write anything like that. Didn't get any query from AHC. Just got the visa. How odd.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Errr? I don't remember that question at all. Certainly didn't write anything like that. Didn't get any query from AHC. Just got the visa. How odd.
Technically I don't suppose it really matters how you lay out the information so long as you tell them what you intend to do! I just looked at the four obligations that you promise to fulfil at the back of 40SP and just used them as headings. But you got your visa and my hubby got his so we must have done something right!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:01 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Dans statement is quite brief.

He outlines his job prospects, Sydney job market, money we are taking, plans for when we get there and he has been a bit cheeky and stated that I have higher earing potential and better job prospects (accountant).

Apart from that we couldnt think what else to say. I think its about 5 paragraphs in all.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

My fiance got this exact same letter. He wrote a one page letter stating what his job prospects are, and then he detailed a few alternatives, ie, "If Plan A doesn't work out, this is Plan B..." No big deal at all.

We got the visa about a week later, so you must be very close!