Spouse Visa - Frontload medicals?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse Visa - Frontload medicals?

Hi everyone

I'm about to apply for a spouse visa, as my partner has a job lined up to start probably July/August in Sydney (I realise this is bureaucratic suicide now that I've started to investigate all the visa paperwork!)

It seems logical to me to get the medicals and police records check started in advance, but I seem to recall that the department isn't keen on receiving these before they officially request them.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Frontload medicals?

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Hi everyone

I'm about to apply for a spouse visa, as my partner has a job lined up to start probably July/August in Sydney (I realise this is bureaucratic suicide now that I've started to investigate all the visa paperwork!)

It seems logical to me to get the medicals and police records check started in advance, but I seem to recall that the department isn't keen on receiving these before they officially request them.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!
For spouse visas frontloading generally isn't a problem, esp in the UK. They are processed very quickly, normally, so people don't have the problem of them expiring - which is why DIAC discourage frontloading for some visa types.

In your position I'd definitely frontload them, and get everything sent in at once. You'll have to wait longer for the visa if you don't supply them until they are requested.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyanna

That's one less thing for me to worry about!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get the application in, it should be sorted in a couple of weeks so don't worry about your timescale. Remember to enclose your passport, as well as the certified copy, together with a self addressed paid Special Delivery Envelope in with your application (sent Special Delivery) so they don't have to contact you to send your passport. They won't bother contacting you unless you miss something out, you will just get your passport back, visa enclosed.

Just seen you're in Ireland so don't know if you have Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks moneypen20

I think the advice everyone is so generous in sharing with me and other users on this site is going to help keep me sane!