Spouse visa - evidence....

Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse visa - evidence....

Hello Everyone

I am front loading my visa application and having meds tomorrow. I am just getting jittery about the amount of evidence I have/need to get the visa.

I have photos that show us together over 15 years (omg we have changed lots!), joint mortgage letters, one joint account that doesn't get used too much, joint house insurance (cos its through the mortgage) but haven't tended to keep joint invites etc.

Utilities are all in DH's name, we have PAYG mobiles, we only have flight ticket details for Aus last year as trip to US in 2003, DH went out a week before me with his mother and we travelled different airlines. Don't think we have stuff from before as we cleared out when we moved....... When we holiday over here, I give my name as correspondence so his isn't on it.

We have been married for 8 years and have 2 kiddies, 4 and 13 weeks.
Will have stat decs from 4 people.

Does this sound too little?
Thanks, I know there are lots of posts like this but I am panicking!

Itigo
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:19 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa - evidence....

Originally Posted by itigo
Hello Everyone

I am front loading my visa application and having meds tomorrow. I am just getting jittery about the amount of evidence I have/need to get the visa.

I have photos that show us together over 15 years (omg we have changed lots!), joint mortgage letters, one joint account that doesn't get used too much, joint house insurance (cos its through the mortgage) but haven't tended to keep joint invites etc.

Utilities are all in DH's name, we have PAYG mobiles, we only have flight ticket details for Aus last year as trip to US in 2003, DH went out a week before me with his mother and we travelled different airlines. Don't think we have stuff from before as we cleared out when we moved....... When we holiday over here, I give my name as correspondence so his isn't on it.

We have been married for 8 years and have 2 kiddies, 4 and 13 weeks.
Will have stat decs from 4 people.

Does this sound too little?
Thanks, I know there are lots of posts like this but I am panicking!

Itigo
You have plenty it sounds. I only had one letter dated 4 years before then nothing until the last year when I knew I needed a visa.

We werent married, didnt have kids etc.

They just said to me they had to have something that verified a relationship at some time before the necessary and a letter to both of us confirmed that there was something at least at that point.

Then they looked at our current circumstance, joint bank accounts, dog registered in both of our names, that was pretty much it really.

I think it helped that we both have strong accents and sounded the same though We were expecting green card type interview and had been practising answers to each other (at which time I found out that my then partner knew absolutely about me)

2 years after they granted his permanent residency - I already had mine and was sponsoring him, they asked me again at which time I had kids so I just sent a birth certificate and all was good. Birth certificates are the best proof of all as of course then they know you are doing it. I think that alone would get you through

they are very helpful and friendly I found in immigration and just have to make sure law is applied
Viv
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - evidence....

Originally Posted by viviennef
You have plenty it sounds. I only had one letter dated 4 years before then nothing until the last year when I knew I needed a visa.

We werent married, didnt have kids etc.

They just said to me they had to have something that verified a relationship at some time before the necessary and a letter to both of us confirmed that there was something at least at that point.

Then they looked at our current circumstance, joint bank accounts, dog registered in both of our names, that was pretty much it really.

I think it helped that we both have strong accents and sounded the same though We were expecting green card type interview and had been practising answers to each other (at which time I found out that my then partner knew absolutely about me)

2 years after they granted his permanent residency - I already had mine and was sponsoring him, they asked me again at which time I had kids so I just sent a birth certificate and all was good. Birth certificates are the best proof of all as of course then they know you are doing it. I think that alone would get you through

they are very helpful and friendly I found in immigration and just have to make sure law is applied
Viv
That's great, thanks for reassuring me!

Itigo