British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/spouse-visa-circle-continued-dec-2010-2011-a-704602/)

Prudi Sep 7th 2011 9:51 pm

Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 9606793)
just write an additional note next to it

:D

SillyOldBag, I love your little notes! DIAC should employ you to logicify all their forms so that there is no need for all the additional notes because the forms ask stupid questions.

I love imagining the CO reading your forms and going, `Uh-oh, it`s the note-writer again. Better just sign this one off.` (Joke, obviously I am not suggesting that DIAC staff are unprofessional, and if any are reading this, can I please have my PR now? I will buy you a beer with the GEERS payout. Thanks.)

SillyOldBag Sep 7th 2011 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Prudi (Post 9607446)
:D

SillyOldBag, I love your little notes! DIAC should employ you to logicify all their forms so that there is no need for all the additional notes because the forms ask stupid questions.

I love imagining the CO reading your forms and going, `Uh-oh, it`s the note-writer again. Better just sign this one off.` (Joke, obviously I am not suggesting that DIAC staff are unprofessional, and if any are reading this, can I please have my PR now? I will buy you a beer with the GEERS payout. Thanks.)

I suspect you were probably right :rofl: I just always thought if the options given on the form don't fit the circumstances, answer as best you can with an additional little note :rofl: I blame my mother :thumbup:

Jlsr Sep 7th 2011 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 9607527)
I suspect you were probably right :rofl: I just always thought if the options given on the form don't fit the circumstances, answer as best you can with an additional little note :rofl: I blame my mother :thumbup:

Thanks for that SOB, makes me feel better. I thought I was just missing something filling out the forms. I already have an extra page of 'little notes' for certain questions...appears your mum was on to something :D

SillyOldBag Sep 7th 2011 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jlsr (Post 9607540)
Thanks for that SOB, makes me feel better. I thought I was just missing something filling out the forms. I already have an extra page of 'little notes' for certain questions...appears your mum was on to something :D

Just to reassure you, it worked for me, I didn't get anything queried by DIAC. Little notes rule!

Prudi Sep 9th 2011 3:43 am

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 9607527)
I blame my mother :thumbup:

My mother too. Here`s to mothers and little notes. :thumbup:

saboo Sep 12th 2011 4:20 pm

Hi guys

Quick question - I believe we should qualify to go direct onto the permanent and skip the 2-year temp visa because we've been living together for 3 years (with evidence) and have a child - but in reality:

a) are these ever given directly as permanent?
b) does going for this change the application at all or do I just submit as normal and DIAC will make the call when it is granted?

Cheers

p.s. great news on the little notes!

moneypenny20 Sep 12th 2011 6:25 pm

You don't do anything, everyone applies and DIAC make the decision and given your circumstances you will get PR immediately.

saboo Sep 12th 2011 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 9617563)
you will get PR immediately.

Can I quote you on that? :D

Just working on the part about my sponsor (such a sexy expression eh?) being able to support me - she is currently on maternity as a self employed consultant. She works for a few different companies and is going to get a letter from both KPMG and PWC stating that until her maternity she worked for them, on a daily rate of $x and that they are looking forward to her returning to work with them after her maternity leave...

- does this have to be a stat dec by them or would a letter on their letterhead suffice?

Also, would she need any other evidence other than this, her paid parental leave statement plus bank statements showing decent savings?

...AND - would it be worth me including my resume and evidence of my Notice of Assessments from when I WAS employed in Aus to show my earning potential once I have the visa?

moneypenny20 Sep 12th 2011 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by saboo (Post 9617688)
Can I quote you on that? :D

:D Ok, put it this way, based on your 'partnership' I would say it would be very surprising if you don't. DIAC are pretty good at going by their rules - over two years with children or five without - PR.

Originally Posted by saboo (Post 9617688)
Just working on the part about my sponsor (such a sexy expression eh?) being able to support me - she is currently on maternity as a self employed consultant. She works for a few different companies and is going to get a letter from both KPMG and PWC stating that until her maternity she worked for them, on a daily rate of $x and that they are looking forward to her returning to work with them after her maternity leave...

- does this have to be a stat dec by them or would a letter on their letterhead suffice?

Also, would she need any other evidence other than this, her paid parental leave statement plus bank statements showing decent savings?

...AND - would it be worth me including my resume and evidence of my Notice of Assessments from when I WAS employed in Aus to show my earning potential once I have the visa?

She wouldn't need anything else - a letter on their letterhead would suffice. My husband was my sponsor, hadn't lived in Aus and we just put down his earnings in the UK. I hadn't worked for 12 years because of the kids so couldn't say that I'd been earning anything. We stated that as soon as we arrived in Aus we would both be looking for work. That was enough. I wouldn't bother with the resume but it certainly wouldn't hurt to put in the NoA you have.

We also put down what we 'thought' we might make on our house in the UK but no one ever checked or asked for proof so we could have put anything. To be honest, a UK/Aus spouse visa isn't fussed over as much as other nationalities.

saboo Sep 12th 2011 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 9617704)
:D Ok, put it this way, based on your 'partnership' I would say it would be very surprising if you don't. DIAC are pretty good at going by their rules - over two years with children or five without - PR.

Awesome to hear! To get PR after so much effort, years and worry would be unreal!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 9617704)
To be honest, a UK/Aus spouse visa isn't fussed over as much as other nationalities.

I'll include our joint savings, other savings and my expectations of earnings.

I'm also a director of a UK business that makes a decent profit each year - would including our corporation tax return (to show annual profit) be useful or am I getting into overkill/complications territory?

moneypenny20 Sep 12th 2011 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by saboo (Post 9617745)
Awesome to hear! To get PR after so much effort, years and worry would be unreal!

I'll include our joint savings, other savings and my expectations of earnings.

I'm also a director of a UK business that makes a decent profit each year - would including our corporation tax return (to show annual profit) be useful or am I getting into overkill/complications territory?

Probably heading towards overkill.:D Also be aware that DIAC can sometimes come back and request more information (unlikely but possible) and if you send every last thing you find and they decide it's not enough, you're stuffed. If you hold some bits back, you can then provide them if asked and feel very proud of yourself. ;)

saboo Sep 13th 2011 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 9617918)
Probably heading towards overkill.:D Also be aware that DIAC can sometimes come back and request more information (unlikely but possible) and if you send every last thing you find and they decide it's not enough, you're stuffed. If you hold some bits back, you can then provide them if asked and feel very proud of yourself. ;)

Great point, thanks for the clarity!

Kamie26 Sep 13th 2011 6:30 pm

You know, I'm not sure that you even have to provide evidence of finances and ability to support. When we sent our application in I didn't send them anything like this and they never asked for it nor asked to provide an aos prior to our grant which was straight to PR.

saboo Sep 14th 2011 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kamie26 (Post 9619955)
You know, I'm not sure that you even have to provide evidence of finances and ability to support. When we sent our application in I didn't send them anything like this and they never asked for it nor asked to provide an aos prior to our grant which was straight to PR.

Hi Kamie - that's good to know!

My thinking was from the checklist for the 801/820 app which asks for evidence of the sponsor's:

- Australian income and/or overseas tax assessment notice

- a letter from their employer confirming length of employment and annual salary payslips

- if your sponsor is self-employed or self-funded from other sources, business documents or a letter from your sponsor’s accountant.

I presumed this was to show that they are stable (themselves) financially, but also able to support me during any period that I'm not able to work (due to visa restrictions/bridging or while I 'settle')

We've each got a decent wedge in savings (her in Aus and I kept mine in UK) so showing this would, I guess, prove we're able to support ourselves for the duration that the visa is being decided.

Thanks for the extra reassurance though!

I'm just waiting for my Aussie police check (didn't realise I needed this as well as the UK one) and for my baby's birth certificate and then I'm ready to submit!

moneypenny20 Sep 14th 2011 3:25 pm

Sorry, I haven't gone back to your past posts but why do you need your baby's birth certificate to apply for your visa? The child should have citizenship in their own right, it (sorry) shouldn't be on your application, well not in terms of migration anyway. I'm having a bad day, brain not working properly, have we discussed this before, I've got a bell ringing somewhere but can't remember if it was you or someone else.:unsure: