British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/spouse-visa-circle-continued-dec-2010-2011-a-704602/)

Ravvers Aug 27th 2011 10:45 am

Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by ponface (Post 9584363)
Just checked my e-mail to find a nice e-mail from immigration advising they are ready to grant my visa & I need to leave Australia to allow them to do so :-)
What a wonderful birthday weekend this is turning out to be :-)

Congrats and Happy Birthday :thumbup:

deedee_b Aug 30th 2011 11:23 am

Hi, quick question...

If, after getting PR Partner(Residence) (BS801) Visa, the relationship breaks down, would that mean that the visa becomes invalid and one would have to leave Australia? The visa was obtained in Sept 2010.

Thanks.

moneypenny20 Aug 30th 2011 11:36 am

Originally Posted by deedee_b (Post 9590005)
Hi, quick question...

If, after getting PR Partner(Residence) (BS801) Visa, the relationship breaks down, would that mean that the visa becomes invalid and one would have to leave Australia? The visa was obtained in Sept 2010.

Thanks.

No, PR means just that.

Pollyana Aug 30th 2011 11:39 am

Originally Posted by deedee_b (Post 9590005)
Hi, quick question...

Thanks.

No, once one has PR they are fine, one has a permanent visa in their own right. :)

deedee_b Aug 30th 2011 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9590033)
No, once one has PR they are fine, one has a permanent visa in their own right. :)

Thank you for your answers. Does the Department of Immigration need to know about this change in cicumstances? Aside from the new address.

Also, does that mean that it will have no effect on any application for citizenship? as this visa has reached 12 months.

Thanks again.

moneypenny20 Aug 30th 2011 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by deedee_b (Post 9590049)
Thank you for your answers. Does the Department of Immigration need to know about this change in cicumstances? Aside from the new address.

Also, does that mean that it will have no effect on any application for citizenship? as this visa has reached 12 months.

Thanks again.

No and yes. Yes it will have no effect on an application. They also don't need to know about new address. Once you have PR you are on your own as far as DIAC are concerned anyway.

Sallyanne in Australia Aug 31st 2011 11:39 am

I have a question someone may be able to help me with. My fiance and I are about to lodge his Prospective Marriage Visa. He is Indian and I am Australian. We have been in a loving relationship now for more than 10 months, here in India and have been only physically apart for 2 and 1/2 months when I had to return to Australia for work. Unfortunately I am about to return home again.

We have lots of evidence together of our relationship, photos, email letters, travel stuff and four Stat dec letters from my friends and family.

The problem is that he is 28 yo and I am 49 yo (a young 49 year old I can say) and he has a bit of a patchy employment history. We have a letter from my mother saying she is aware of our age difference and a letter from his father saying he has no problem with our marriage.

We have been working on this visa for several months. Can someone advise us what our chances are of the visa being approved and offer any additional advice

thanks so much

ponface Sep 1st 2011 1:20 am

OK so I leave for NZ on Monday & when I get back on the Thursday I will be a TR on a subclass 309 visa this much I understand but I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help me with...............

Is it all electronic? when I get back will customs just be able to see that I have been given this 309 visa or does my C/O send me an "official" visa by e-mail?

When I get back do i just go & ask for a medicare card? I am assuming they need some proof of my eligibility....which refers me back to my 1st question.

I recently went for an interview & am hopeful of being made an offer.....will they need to see something as proof of my elegibilty to work? Do you get an equivalent to a National Insurance number? If so, how do I go about getting it
?
Also, this job could come with a car.....can I get an Australian driving license whilst on the 309 visa? if not, can I drive a company car on my UK license?

Any help to any of the above ramblings would be most appreciated.

Sallyanne in Australia Sep 2nd 2011 3:52 am

Can anyone help with this question...

Re mobile phone text messages, is there any way to have them transferred onto the computer to be printed as visa evidence or is it best to take your mobile along to the interview?
And what about skype phone log and messages. can they be saved onto the computer for printing?

thankyou

NR08 Sep 2nd 2011 10:09 am

Well, I've finally submitted my defacto application to the London office after months of prep (and waiting for the 12 month requirement!). No doubt they'll whip the money out of my account in the next couple of days :)

I still need to get my Health Check done but everything else has been submitted.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions - no doubt I'll have more at some point!

It's great to finally get the ball rolling...

Cheers
Nikki

MeinMel Sep 2nd 2011 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Sallyanne in Australia (Post 9595718)
Can anyone help with this question...

Re mobile phone text messages, is there any way to have them transferred onto the computer to be printed as visa evidence or is it best to take your mobile along to the interview?
And what about skype phone log and messages. can they be saved onto the computer for printing?

thankyou

Not sure about phone messages (I am sure you can just not sure how) and skype is easy, just copy and paste. good luck:)

Pollyana Sep 2nd 2011 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ponface (Post 9593540)
OK so I leave for NZ on Monday & when I get back on the Thursday I will be a TR on a subclass 309 visa this much I understand but I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help me with...............

Is it all electronic? when I get back will customs just be able to see that I have been given this 309 visa or does my C/O send me an "official" visa by e-mail?

Immigration will be able to verify it online but I'd carry the pre-grant letter as well. You can get a label from a DIAC office once you are back in Aus, if you want one.

When I get back do i just go & ask for a medicare card? I am assuming they need some proof of my eligibility....which refers me back to my 1st question.

Give it about a week to 10 days, then go into Medicare, take your passport and the pre-grant letter. By then their systems should have updated and the info should be on thir computer.

I recently went for an interview & am hopeful of being made an offer.....will they need to see something as proof of my elegibilty to work?

They may well do. Visa label is the best way - they can check online through VEVO but most employers prefer hard evidence in front of them, its just easier :)

Do you get an equivalent to a National Insurance number? If so, how do I go about getting it
?

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/pa...pc=001/002/001 - you need a TFN (tax file number)

Also, this job could come with a car.....can I get an Australian driving license whilst on the 309 visa? if not, can I drive a company car on my UK license?

Any help to any of the above ramblings would be most appreciated.

Sallyanne in Australia Sep 2nd 2011 5:59 pm

Thanks Mein Mel for your reply. Today I found this great web page of info re printing your skype call list:
http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=26268

Because I have a mac computer I downloaded the application to extract the call history from jas000 and it works like a charm.

Will do some more research re mobile phone messages

saboo Sep 3rd 2011 11:07 am

Hi guys

New to the thread. I've read through almost all of it!

If it's OK can I explain my situation and then ask a couple of questions? OK here goes...

I am about 95% ready to submit my defacto application. My girlfriend and I have been living together for 3 years, have a baby together and evidence coming out of our ears! We've been good with keeping documents and have got loads of great evidence of travel, photos, financial and living stuff so I'm pretty confident we've got a rock solid case.

She's an Australian citizen and I'm British.

What worries me is that my time in Australia has been a varied selection of visas!

- I arrived in 2005 as a defacto of another girl

- we separated in 2006 and my employer immediately sponsored me on a 457

- I stayed on that from 2007-2008 when I left that job and returned to the UK for my brothers wedding and applied for the working holiday...

- that lasted for the 12 months and my partner and I travelled back to the UK for around 9 months.

- in May 2009 I applied for GSM which is still being processed, but immi don't think this will be processed until late 2012/2013 as my occupation was removed from the SOL putting me in category 4.

- to return to Aus from my UK trip I then got a 12 month tourist visa with a 12 month extension. *This visa had a no further stay*

- however after a trip to the USA in 2010 the check in guy refused to believe this visa was valid and applied for a NEW tourist visa - at the check in desk! This is what I am on now and it is a 12 month visa with 3 month periods. *However, this visa DOES NOT have a no further stay on it!*

- this current 3 month tourist visa (up to 12 months) will expire in Feb 2012 but I am going to apply for a 820 defacto visa onshore.

*QUESTIONS*

1) can you see a problem with me applying onshore while on a tourist visa?

2) from an informal chat with a visa consultant I understand I'll immediately go onto a bridging visa - does this mean I can travel back and forth from Australia to other countries?

3) for my application I've already got my medical and police checks done - is this OK? Also do I need an Aussie as well as UK police check?

Any help would be amazing! I would really appreciate it!

Pollyana Sep 3rd 2011 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by saboo (Post 9598071)
Hi guys

New to the thread. I've read through almost all of it!

If it's OK can I explain my situation and then ask a couple of questions? OK here goes...

I am about 95% ready to submit my defacto application. My girlfriend and I have been living together for 3 years, have a baby together and evidence coming out of our ears! We've been good with keeping documents and have got loads of great evidence of travel, photos, financial and living stuff so I'm pretty confident we've got a rock solid case.

She's an Australian citizen and I'm British.

What worries me is that my time in Australia has been a varied selection of visas!

- I arrived in 2005 as a defacto of another girl

- we separated in 2006 and my employer immediately sponsored me on a 457

- I stayed on that from 2007-2008 when I left that job and returned to the UK for my brothers wedding and applied for the working holiday...

- that lasted for the 12 months and my partner and I travelled back to the UK for around 9 months.

- in May 2009 I applied for GSM which is still being processed, but immi don't think this will be processed until late 2012/2013 as my occupation was removed from the SOL putting me in category 4.

- to return to Aus from my UK trip I then got a 12 month tourist visa with a 12 month extension. *This visa had a no further stay*

- however after a trip to the USA in 2010 the check in guy refused to believe this visa was valid and applied for a NEW tourist visa - at the check in desk! This is what I am on now and it is a 12 month visa with 3 month periods. *However, this visa DOES NOT have a no further stay on it!*

- this current 3 month tourist visa (up to 12 months) will expire in Feb 2012 but I am going to apply for a 820 defacto visa onshore.

*QUESTIONS*

1) can you see a problem with me applying onshore while on a tourist visa?

No, as long as you entered with the intent of only being a tourist, and your visa is still valid when you apply

2) from an informal chat with a visa consultant I understand I'll immediately go onto a bridging visa - does this mean I can travel back and forth from Australia to other countries?

No, it puts you on a Bridging Visa A - to travel you need to apply for a Bridging Visa B - several people on here have done that lately and it seems to be fairly straightforward

3) for my application I've already got my medical and police checks done - is this OK? Also do I need an Aussie as well as UK police check?

your meds and police checks only have a life of 12 months, thats from the day they are done. But if you only did them recently, you'll be fine. As for an Aussie police check, you will need one if you have a cumulative total of 12 months of more in Australia.

Any help would be amazing! I would really appreciate it!

Hope that helps a bit :)