Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Thanks all for the best wishes guys, feeling much more upbeat today. Kamie I'm sure you won't have long to wait. I remember you Ravvers and Laurablue putting your application in around the same time as us. I'll be waiting for good news from you all. We may have to delay going as I can't believe flight prices are over 4 grand for the 4 of us one way, shocking! Think they come down a bit in August. Typical we get our grant in peak season. Good luck x
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by njbrown
Thanks all for the best wishes guys, feeling much more upbeat today. Kamie I'm sure you won't have long to wait. I remember you Ravvers and Laurablue putting your application in around the same time as us. I'll be waiting for good news from you all. We may have to delay going as I can't believe flight prices are over 4 grand for the 4 of us one way, shocking! Think they come down a bit in August. Typical we get our grant in peak season. Good luck x
I hope you get out soon. I think though the flights prices don't go down until September as they keep them up during the school holidays. My husband is a Vice Principal at a school so we always have to visit his family during the school holidays and we always end up paying around £1000 each, and that is even when we have booked them months in advance, and when I've looked at one way tickets recently we've been told the price is virtually the same as a return! Fingers crossed you get a good deal soon.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Just a note for anyone wondering about when to get medicals done. As has been pointed out, you have to enter the country within a year of your medical, but another thing to bear in mind is that if you are granted a provisional PR, you are eligible for PR 2 years from your medical. In my case, I got the medical done in June, but didn't enter the country until August. My eligibility date for PR has passed even though I have been in the country for less that two years. The provisional to perm transition doesn't make much difference to me, but it's important to some people. For instance, we weren't eligible for the mortgage we wanted because of my residency status, so we had to take our second choice.

Best wishes to all.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Application lodged 15th June.

I have received my confirmation email and been assigned my CO. They have also requested medicals for me and both my non migrating children. Also requested a statement regarding my police caution and how I'm rehabilitated etc. Presuming this is normal. Also estimates time given is 5-6 months.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin1978
Application lodged 15th June.

I have received my confirmation email and been assigned my CO. They have also requested medicals for me and both my non migrating children. Also requested a statement regarding my police caution and how I'm rehabilitated etc. Presuming this is normal. Also estimates time given is 5-6 months.
Yep, all sounds pretty normal
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, all sounds pretty normal
Thanks pollyana. Always nice to get some reassurance. I might get a couple of character references for the rehabilitition bit as it doesn't specificly ask for them but says you can get them if you want.

Forgot to mention I've also got to write a statement regarding a speeding offence that went to magistrates court 10 years ago. 4 points and a £60 fine. Didn't expect that one but not too difficult.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by njbrown
Congratulations on your visa grant - fantastic news! It's such a relief when you finally get the confirmation! It'll be all systems go now with the arrangements.
All the best! x
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough

We will be sending off my OH's application tomorrow or Wednesday. Pretty excited to get it out of my hair. We have been consumed by this visa for the past few months now and it is going to be so refreshing to have it done and dusted... then the real wait begins...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

headsouth will become famous soon enoughheadsouth will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Hi All,

1) I am planning to sponsor my partner. I just started filling form 40SP, but a couple of questions have got me stumped.
Basically its question 9 and q 10 the second bit. They appear to be the same

Q9) When and where did you and your fiancé (e) or partner first meet?
Q10) if you did not meet in person at this time, when and where did you first physically meet?

So I met my partner online in OCT 09, we just communicated via email / phone for a while and we physically met in DEC 09. So for both dates it should DEC 09 right?
I dont get it, the same question again?

2) Since I am here; for the Stat declaration from an Australian citizen / PR. Do I need to submit a certified copy of their passports too?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by headsouth; Jun 20th 2011 at 3:19 pm. Reason: quote
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by headsouth
Hi All,

1) I am planning to sponsor my partner. I just started filling form 40SP, but a couple of questions have got me stumped.
Basically its question 9 and q 10 the second bit. They appear to be the same

Q9) When and where did you and your fiancé (e) or partner first meet?
Q10) if you did not meet in person at this time, when and where did you first physically meet?

So I met my partner online in OCT 09, we just communicated via email / phone for a while and we physically met in DEC 09. So for both dates it should DEC 09 right?
I dont get it, the same question again?

2) Since I am here; for the Stat declaration from an Australian citizen / PR. Do I need to submit a certified copy of their passports too?

Thanks for your help
In regards to question 2, all of my family who have filled out Form 888 have sent us through certified copies of their passports or citizenship certificates. They just visited a JP at a local shopping centre. Hope this helps
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Hi headsouth,

The way I read that, you can either give Oct for Q9 and Dec for Q10, or just give Dec for Q9, and then you don't have to answer Q10 as that is only to be answered if you didn't physically meet in Q9 ("IF you did not meet in person..."). Just my interpretation. :-)

Re the passports, I actually asked when I submitted mine, and they said uncertified copies were fine. (They were from Aus citizens in Australia at the time, and I submitted to London.) No harm in putting through a query to see what they are saying now, though.

Last edited by Prudi; Jun 20th 2011 at 4:32 pm. Reason: Itchy trigger finger.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Heading off to the post office this afternoon to send off a good kilo or so worth of application! Fingers crossed!
I’m still waiting on a declaration to trickle in from Australia and have noted this in the application. We already have 2 witness statements from Australian’s, but just wanted to be extra cautious.
Hopefully this won’t be too much of a problem.

Oh another note... have any of you ever heard of somebody having their partner visa refused?
And if so, what was the reasoning?

I’m very confident we won’t have a problem, but there is always that small element of anxiety!

Will let you all know when I have heard from a CO!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Julianne, you sound like you have it all under control.

In answer to your question, in the two years I have been following these boards, this is the only example I've seen where refusal was a possibility.

Please don't worry. I did for absolutely no reason at all. Try and put it from your mind and when the e mail comes through, it will be a nice surprise!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Prudi
Julianne, you sound like you have it all under control.

In answer to your question, in the two years I have been following these boards, this is the only example I've seen where refusal was a possibility.

Please don't worry. I did for absolutely no reason at all. Try and put it from your mind and when the e mail comes through, it will be a nice surprise!
Yikes - seems to me as if that CO was being completly unreasonable! Thanks for your help
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Julianne
Yikes - seems to me as if that CO was being completly unreasonable! Thanks for your help
No worries. Yup, as far as I can see, that was an isolated case. You probably can't tell from my comments, but I felt so bad for that couple, which is why I remembered it. Wishing you all the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.