Spouse Visa Application

Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:30 am
charlienshelle

Default Spouse Visa Application

Hey Guy's

Thanks by the way - i have been a silent user for ages picking up hints etc.

I have a couple of Q's ..... I am in Melbourne, getting married on 14th Nov to my partner and in the middle of our application process ......

I have my Medical on monday .... I know about the HIV test and general physical medical ...but do they do a blood test and if so what are they looking for ....and what happens if they find something recreational there??? if you know what i mean!!!!

Also i have to apply for my UK police clearaance from OZ ..... Does anyone know how this is done??

Thanks all !!

Charlie

Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Application

Originally posted by charlienshelle
Hey Guy's

Thanks by the way - i have been a silent user for ages picking up hints etc.

I have a couple of Q's ..... I am in Melbourne, getting married on 14th Nov to my partner and in the middle of our application process ......

I have my Medical on monday .... I know about the HIV test and general physical medical ...but do they do a blood test and if so what are they looking for ....and what happens if they find something recreational there??? if you know what i mean!!!!

Also i have to apply for my UK police clearaance from OZ ..... Does anyone know how this is done??

Thanks all !!

Charlie
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that when I had my blood test at my medical that they said they only checked for HIV. (I remember this being a relief!)

I found the form for my second UK police clearance on the internet (after wasting time the first time by writing off to them to request a form). I can't remember where I got it, try doing a search on google.

Good luck with the application. Feel free to ask any other questions.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi It sounds like you have things fairly well under control Very good idea to Front Load your application I wouldnt panic too much about the medical Pretty straight forward Not too sure either how you go about the Police Checks in the UK No doubt someone will be able to help out there
Good luck with your application Regards Gerard
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The blood test is just for HIV (unless you have tattoos/piercings in which case I think they do Hepatitus). Re the police check - some police forces have the form on the sites, others you have to ring or write - you need to find the website for the police force that covers the area where you last lived in the UK. If you nedd any help pm me, but it'll have to be by tonight cos I'm leaving then!!
Old Oct 30th 2003, 9:41 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
The blood test is just for HIV (unless you have tattoos/piercings in which case I think they do Hepatitus). Re the police check - some police forces have the form on the sites, others you have to ring or write - you need to find the website for the police force that covers the area where you last lived in the UK. If you nedd any help pm me, but it'll have to be by tonight cos I'm leaving then!!

Just to confirm that if you have tattoos that the do test for
hepatitus and you will be charged more for the privlige!!

sally