spouse visa app

Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

edman is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb spouse visa app

I applied on 22nd April and have has contact from officer today 24th April
from the London office. They requested meds and police clearance within
49 days (more than sufficient).

My app was over 1.2kg lots of evidence: bills, bank statements, photos, holiday details, invites, personal statements, 14 stat decs from rellies and friends etc etc. We went over the top to make sure any questions are reduced.

I see no reason for anyone to use an agent to go for the spouse app, just read the booklet and fill the forms out and save yourself a fortune in fees.

Just some info for you who are wondering what to do.

PS costs for meds 100 for checkup, 40 for bloods, 74 for xray is what I am to pay.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

cooper11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa app

brilliant, thanks for that info, we are going to apply on our own, thanks for mentioning what you have included. we are including similar stuff. altho we havent got as many as 14 stat decs....i think we have 5/6 if we are lucky. we are frontloading police and medicals. fingers crossed.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

piepieter is an unknown quantity at this point

the agent told us we should mary..

my girlfriend and I are together for 6 years but never officialy lived together at one address..
Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

irish ozie gang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by edman
from the London office.
Wow that was fast! We sent app on 9th April and haven't heard a peep - although they did return our photos last week, but no contact from anyone! We frontloaded medicals and police checks, so here's hoping!

Good luck with your app. Keep us posted!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irish ozie gang
Wow that was fast! We sent app on 9th April and haven't heard a peep - although they did return our photos last week, but no contact from anyone! We frontloaded medicals and police checks, so here's hoping!

Good luck with your app. Keep us posted!
Hey there, I guess if you front loaded meds and cops they dont have much reason to contact you yet. I didnt bother as I wanted them to contact me plus Im not in a hurry to get the visa....we wont be moving immediately...I have businesses in Belfast so no hurry.

So where are you from in Aus? My wifes from Gold Coast and been living here for 10 years...time for a bit of sun for her!! We are hoping to buy a place this year and spend maybe 1/2 year in aus and 1/2 here...we will see.

Anyway good luck ! e
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by piepieter
the agent told us we should mary..

my girlfriend and I are together for 6 years but never officialy lived together at one address..
If you have never lived together, and cannot explain this with good reason - for example, do you live in a country where it is forbidden to cohabit without marriage - then the agent may be suggesting the best route.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

So where are you from in Aus? My wifes from Gold Coast and been living here for 10 years...time for a bit of sun for her!! We are hoping to buy a place this year and spend maybe 1/2 year in aus and 1/2 here...we will see.

Anyway good luck ! e
I'm from the Sunshine Coast - been living in Eire 4 years now! OH Irish and allergic to the weather here! We were only supposed to be here 2 years, but I managed to stretch it out a bit.....

But definitely looking forward to getting home for some sun and the outdoor lifestyle.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: spouse visa app

I'm from the Sunshine Coast - been living in Eire 4 years now! OH Irish and allergic to the weather here! We were only supposed to be here 2 years, but I managed to stretch it out a bit.....

But definitely looking forward to getting home for some sun and the outdoor lifestyle.
Cool.. OH got her Irish passport a few years ago so I reckon its time I got my Aussie stuff sorted.

We spent a couple of weeks on the sunshine coast in Nov/Dec, I love it there...Noosa is my fav but the rest is so much more chilled out. The goldy is good but way way to busy, too many people and the roads are madness now. The past 5 years its turned into a missery of a place to be.

How long are you into the visa process?

e
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:58 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

I see no reason for anyone to use an agent to go for the spouse app, just read the booklet and fill the forms out and save yourself a fortune in fees.
From your perspective that's quite understandable, and in our practice in fact we don't enjoy helping people with straightforward applications they could have handled by themselves.

However there are so many issues which can affect spouse cases, and such a high rate of refusal, that there are many instances where an agent's help does make a difference. Issues relating to evidence are the most common, but there are also issues relating to the eligibility of sponsor and visa applicant, inappropriate conclusions drawn from interviews, third party communications, etc, etc.

According to the Migration Review Tribunal's statistics, they have already received 997 review applications for partner refusals in the current financial year (see http://www.mrt-rrt.gov.au/docs/stats/MRTInternet.pdf ) and have 1,327 pending spouse cases. No doubt there are other applicants who were refused and did not make appeals.

In most refusal cases a competent agent's earlier intervention could have made a difference - either explaining that the application should not proceed or preparing it appropriately.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

from the London office. They requested meds and police clearance within
49 days (more than sufficient).

My app was over 1.2kg lots of evidence: bills, bank statements, photos, holiday details, invites, personal statements, 14 stat decs from rellies and friends etc etc. We went over the top to make sure any questions are reduced.

Just some info for you who are wondering what to do.

PS costs for meds 100 for checkup, 40 for bloods, 74 for xray is what I am to pay.
Ha ha ha you reckon you have everything? There's probably a jobsworth looking over it right now ready to ask for something else
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard
According to the Migration Review Tribunal's statistics, they have already received 997 review applications for partner refusals in the current financial year (see http://www.mrt-rrt.gov.au/docs/stats/MRTInternet.pdf ) and have 1,327 pending spouse cases. No doubt there are other applicants who were refused and did not make appeals.
Hi George, just my perspective so far not making a wide sweeping blow at your carer choice. I am sure you can provide valuable assistance in many cases. Like you said, my situation is boring for you, I posted this in the first place, as a rough "how it's going so far" for anyone else who may be looking into it. Maybe it can be of use to someone as there didnt seem to be much else like it on here. I think I will keep it updated as I go along the process so it will give a time line.

e
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

It seems London processes the applications fast... I wish I could lodge in London...so far no info on lodgment in Dubai or Vienna...

Wonder which would be better/ faster...
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Default Still nothing......

Cool.. OH got her Irish passport a few years ago so I reckon its time I got my Aussie stuff sorted.

We spent a couple of weeks on the sunshine coast in Nov/Dec, I love it there...Noosa is my fav but the rest is so much more chilled out. The goldy is good but way way to busy, too many people and the roads are madness now. The past 5 years its turned into a missery of a place to be.

How long are you into the visa process?

e
Hey E - I agree totally with you on the GC! Went to uni there - it's a madhouse! We'll be settling in Buderim, as that is where the family is! We still haven't heard anything from London - am hoping that is a good sign, although OH is now wanting to ring them..... But who do you ring if you've no name to contact???? Will give it a little while longer I'm trying not to read too much on the forum, as I just get depressed when I read about the trouble everyone else is having - and after reading about the partner visa rejections.... well, I'm now totally paranoid! But we'll get there......
Best, IOG.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Ha ha ha you reckon you have everything? There's probably a jobsworth looking over it right now ready to ask for something else
You plonker..I never said I have everything. This is an application and the only thing they have asked me for (so far) is meds and cop clearance. As for asking for more they can fire away, its their job and I will gladly provide whatever else they ask for.

Why are some people so delightedly negative ?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Still nothing......

We still haven't heard anything from London - am hoping that is a good sign, although OH is now wanting to ring them..... But who do you ring if you've no name to contact???? Will give it a little while longer I'm trying not to read too much on the forum, as I just get depressed when I read about the trouble everyone else is having - and after reading about the partner visa rejections.... well, I'm now totally paranoid! But we'll get there......
Best, IOG.
Buderim is really nice...we where there for night and thought it was v cool. Im sure you will hear from London in due course and all will be fine. The process seems set up to weed out suspicious or fraudulent marriages and not the real deal like you.

As for the forum it can be tiring reading and a lot of it is filled with people who enjoy attacking others or who's opinions are questionable. Its difficult to know who's genuine or not. I suppose like me at first you read read read read and read some more then it becomes over whelming! Still, I am glad it is here and it has definitely been helpful getting info from others in the same loop to settle the nerves !

PS the answer seems that until you have a contact name and your ref number you cant actually contact anyone. Strange eh?

Best of luck and hope you are enjoying living on our green isle....proper green not Aussie brownie green..;o)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.