Spouse Visa

Old Mar 21st 2002, 6:35 am
Smith

Default Spouse Visa

Hi friends

I have applied my Australia PR on Sep'01 till now I didn't hear anything from the
Australian Immigration. In the mean time I got married last month. I would like to
include my spouse as well in my application. I would like to know the procedure and
formalities. If I include my spouse how long it will take to approve my application.
If some body could give me some information about spouse visa that will great.

Thanks in advance

Regards Smith

Old Mar 21st 2002, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

tropicalm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa

Hi Smith,

You can add your spouse to your application provided you've been living a genuine relationship with her at least 12 months prior to lodging your application.

They will ask you why you did not include her at the first time, and you'll have to prove the relationship background with as many proofs as possible.

In my case, it took 4 months more to include her.
You'll have to send a new 47 form with her information as well as yours, to update your application.

No further is fee is required.

Check with the DIMA for all that.

As to your application, did you get your acknowledgment @ least ?

tropicalm

Last edited by tropicalm; Mar 21st 2002 at 1:14 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2002, 11:05 am
Jaj

Default Re: Spouse Visa

Just write to the visa office and tell them (which you must do anyway). It shouldn't
increase processing time, other than requiring that the spouse also do medical/police
checks (and if from a non-English speaking background, prove functional English
skills or pay the second instalment of the visa fee).

Jeremy

>On 20 Mar 2002 22:54:30 -0800, [email protected] (smith) wrote:

>Hi friends
    >
    >I have applied my Australia PR on Sep'01 till now I didn't hear anything from the
    >Australian Immigration. In the mean time I got married last month. I would like to
    >include my spouse as well in my application. I would like to know the procedure and
    >formalities. If I include my spouse how long it will take to approve my application.
    >If some body could give me some information about spouse visa that will great.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Regards Smith