Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Pregnancy & Medical in July and CSL Changes: PLEASE HELP ME.

Spouse Pregnancy & Medical in July and CSL Changes: PLEASE HELP ME.

Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future
Default Spouse Pregnancy & Medical in July and CSL Changes: PLEASE HELP ME.

Dear All,

I am a computer professional on CSL with (Network Security). I have got CO on 22.12.09 who asked for Medical & PCC and deadline was 20.01.10. My wife is pregnant so I asked for change of circumstances and waiting time.

I have a very important thing to ask in my case. As the new changes have applied and according to it, till Mid 2010 (June 2010) CSL will be phased out.

My Spouse is pregnant and her EDD is 28.06.10 ... My CO has given me time till 30.07.10 for medical.

I want to ask should I send medical as soon as possible or will it effect my processing of application if I send my Medical till 30.07.10 (at that time might be CSL be phased out).

Please guide me what should I do now?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Pregnancy & Medical in July and CSL Changes: PLEASE HELP ME.

Nobody can answer what you should do. We don't know what will happen in the future. If you want your wife to have her medical now then have her medical now. If you don't want her to have the x-ray while pregnant then don't have the medical now.

And please stop asking the same question repeatedly. If your query is urgent you need to contact a reputable migration agent as I stated in your other thread.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by itprofessional
Dear All,

I am a computer professional on CSL with (Network Security). I have got CO on 22.12.09 who asked for Medical & PCC and deadline was 20.01.10. My wife is pregnant so I asked for change of circumstances and waiting time.

I have a very important thing to ask in my case. As the new changes have applied and according to it, till Mid 2010 (June 2010) CSL will be phased out.

My Spouse is pregnant and her EDD is 28.06.10 ... My CO has given me time till 30.07.10 for medical.

I want to ask should I send medical as soon as possible or will it effect my processing of application if I send my Medical till 30.07.10 (at that time might be CSL be phased out).

Please guide me what should I do now?

Thanks in Advance.
I am still waiting for any reasonable worthy comment from any worthy respectable member.

Please guide me as it is a matter of ones future life (not a piece of joke as think by DOROTHY).
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

mahboob807 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still waiting for any reasonable worthy comment from any worthy respectable member.

Please guide me as it is a matter of ones future life (not a piece of joke as think by DOROTHY).
Dear itprofessional,
Actually your case is not very usual to this forum and that's why you are not getting reply as you expect. I understand your feeling but it's true only some experienced agent can reply you properly.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What was wrong with my answer? There is nobody here who can tell you whether your occupation will still be on the SOL in a couple of months time. There is nobody here who can say what the future holds.

Frankly I don't see anything in my reply which could have been taken as a joke. I gave you the same answer you would have got from any other member of this forum.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:30 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by mahboob807
Dear itprofessional,
Actually your case is not very usual to this forum and that's why you are not getting reply as you expect. I understand your feeling but it's true only some experienced agent can reply you properly.
How can an experienced agent answer this question? They don't know what will happen in the future any more than you or I do.

And his case is usual to this forum. Wife is pregnant part way through application. The dilemma is whether to have medicals before baby is born or after. Not unusual here at all.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

And even some people advise you to go for Medical, I personally think your spouse should not go for it at this moment.X-Ray is very harmful for the baby, you should also take it very seriously for your baby's future.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How can an experienced agent answer this question? They don't know what will happen in the future any more than you or I do.

And his case is usual to this forum. Wife is pregnant part way through application. The dilemma is whether to have medicals before baby is born or after. Not unusual here at all.
O my dear! I am asking as it has been written in the immi.gov.au that these changes are not affecting the people who hv already applied for immigration.

Now I hv already got CO but the problem is might be CSL change till July and my CO has given me time limit of 30 July.

Now I am in a confusion that I should take the risk and hv XRAY of my spouse or still I should wait. Is it possible if I ask my CO about it by e-mailing him??

And one thing more ... if no one can say about this then definitely no agent will also be able to say anything .... It means it is dead end ??????

Last edited by itprofessional; Feb 7th 2010 at 8:37 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

ITProfessional

This is a personal choice. You can either do the medical now with a lead shield or wait until July and leave yourself open to any immigration changes that may come about.

I don't think anyone can answer this for you. We don't know if you would be effected if you wait until July but it is a possibility. Perhaps you could speak to a doctor about the lead shield option which is supposed to be perfectly safe, but if you have remaining doubts about the safety of this then you will have to wait until the baby is born and cross your fingers about DIAC processing.

To be honest I am not sure what a migration agent could help you with anyway, this isn't really a matter of migration, it is about whether you want your wife to have an xray now or wait until later. A migration agent won't make that choice for you.

I did not answer your previous thread as you addressed it to a particular person and hence I assumed you did not want anybody else's opinion.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:36 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by mahboob807
And even some people advise you to go for Medical, I personally think your spouse should not go for it at this moment.X-Ray is very harmful for the baby, you should also take it very seriously for your baby's future.
X-rays are not harmful to babies if it is after the first trimester and the foetus is protected by lead apron.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Bermudashorts;8322272]ITProfessional

I Perhaps you could speak to a doctor about the lead shield option which is supposed to be perfectly safe,

Great reply Bermudashorts,
I didn't know this. New information for me.
Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

X-rays are not harmful to babies if it is after the first trimester and the foetus is protected by lead apron.
Sorry for my last comment Dorothy.
Didn't know this info.
If it is safe with lead apron, then people can go for it. Nothing to worry then.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

hi itprofessional,
I think by now you got your answer.
now choice is yours.
as it is safer as described here already, you may take decision now.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Is it possible if I discuss my case with my CASE OFFICER ... Will he guide me or is there any harm in this.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible if I discuss my case with my CASE OFFICER ... Will he guide me or is there any harm in this.

I cannot beleive you posted two *URGENT* threads, bumped them after two hours and then are not interested in the responses anyway.

What do you think the CO will say? They are not there to provide medical advice and would not be able to tell you if you should wait or do the Xray now. I should not think they are in the slightest bit interested in your dilemma in fact. It is you that needs to make a decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.