Spouse IELTS exam

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:50 am
Just Joined

spdev101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse IELTS exam

Hello,

Since my wife has note done the IELTS exam (due to lack of time) I informed my case officer that we will pay the additional fee. The fee is very high around 5000 AUD (I didn't know about this till I got the invoice). Considering this figure, its way more economical to do the IELTS exam. My question is, is it too late to inform the Visa Officer about this and opt to do the IELTS exam?

Thank You.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse IELTS exam

I don't know what you mean y an economical way of doing IELTS, it costs about $200 or so doesn't it? Why don't you ask your CO if you can do the IELTS instead, they could answer you much quicker and more accurately than we could.

Good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I don't know what you mean y an economical way of doing IELTS, it costs about $200 or so doesn't it? Why don't you ask your CO if you can do the IELTS instead, they could answer you much quicker and more accurately than we could.

Good luck.
I think the assumption was that they could just not do the IELTS and pay to avoid doing it... and the actual cost of that came as a bit of a shock.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheCreature
I think the assumption was that they could just not do the IELTS and pay to avoid doing it... and the actual cost of that came as a bit of a shock.
This is correct, my wife did not do it purely due to lack of time, but the cost of not doing it was a shocker, and I am now wondering if my wife can do the IETLS instead.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spdev101
This is correct, my wife did not do it purely due to lack of time, but the cost of not doing it was a shocker, and I am now wondering if my wife can do the IETLS instead.
Just ask your CO. I can't see why not, although it will delay your visa being granted until she can get a test date, wait for results etc.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Hello,

Since my wife has note done the IELTS exam (due to lack of time) I informed my case officer that we will pay the additional fee. The fee is very high around 5000 AUD (I didn't know about this till I got the invoice). Considering this figure, its way more economical to do the IELTS exam. My question is, is it too late to inform the Visa Officer about this and opt to do the IELTS exam?

Thank You.
As Bermudashorts mentioned, the best way forward is to ask from your CO on this and get a clear answer.

Cheers,
PB
Old Jan 6th 2014, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks for you advice everyone, I got permission to do the IELTS and then submit the results. Does this mean, my application is on hold till I submit the results or will they continue processing the application?
Old Jan 6th 2014, 4:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you advice everyone, I got permission to do the IELTS and then submit the results. Does this mean, my application is on hold till I submit the results or will they continue processing the application?
I would have thought they would continue processing - but that you would need to provide the IELTS (or pay the second instalment) before any grant can be made - but that's just what seems logical to me
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well they usually only ask for that at the end ... so I would have thought they already finished with the processing. You won't get the grant until it is done of course.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

ksdinokar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well they usually only ask for that at the end ... so I would have thought they already finished with the processing. You won't get the grant until it is done of course.
yep ,at the final stage of visa granting only they are sending Tax Invoice for second installment .Lucky if you get a chance to do the IELTS at this stage and if ur wife can get successful on it but ur visa granting is getting late .
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ksdinokar
yep ,at the final stage of visa granting only they are sending Tax Invoice for second installment .Lucky if you get a chance to do the IELTS at this stage and if ur wife can get successful on it but ur visa granting is getting late .
So does this mean my visa is approved pending IELTS results of my wife?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So does this mean my visa is approved pending IELTS results of my wife?
Possibly, but only your CO really knows.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Will asking for this extension for IELTS, jeopardize my chances of a visa being granted even though my CO has approved it? What do you'll advice? just to go ahead and pay the VAC2 or do the IELTS
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Will asking for this extension for IELTS, jeopardize my chances of a visa being granted even though my CO has approved it? What do you'll advice? just to go ahead and pay the VAC2 or do the IELTS
If it was me, and I was confident that my partner could achieve the IELTS score needed, I'd do IELTS and save the money that would be spent on VAC2 towards moving costs.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Jamie1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to change the subject a bit but i cant find a forum that answers my question.
I am just wondering if many of you have done the ielts exam? if so when it comes to the speaking part of the exam what have you been asked to speak about?
Im not very good at this part, so just trying to getmyself prepaired.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.