Spousal visa

Old Jan 30th 2001, 12:27 am
Christina

My fiance and I are planning to get married in the next 2 years. Would anyone know what
would be the best and quickest way to immigrate to Australia.

Fiance Visa Spousal Visa - We would like to get married in about 2 years but if it would
speed up the process we will get married earlier. I am currently not in Australia. Would
it be best to get married out of the country and then apply for spousal or to get married
in Australia and apply as spousal. If I applied in Australia I would only be on a visitors
visa - would that be a problem? I believe you can possibly get on a bridging visa while
waiting for your application to go through. Are you entitled to work on a bridging visa?
Are you entitled to Medicare?

The other question is I was looking at skilled migration with my fiance sponsoring me. Is
it a requirement to get married within 9 months if you are in Australia on a skilled
migration sponsored visa by your fiance?

Thanks for your help, Christina