Spousal P sub class 100 visa to expire

Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

jsm66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal P sub class 100 visa to expire

Hi All,
I have the above visa which expires in Dec 2011.
My wife and 2 kids (hold dual nationality) ...
I am working in Switzerland and want to know what the next stage is in the process.
Back in 2006 I managed to say for 11 months in Australia before returning to UK and have not been back since.
So looking at the 2/5 year rule ..I will have managed only 11 months.
Hindsight is a great thing... 13 months and I would have had citizenship.

I have 2 options
1. Fly into Australia by 10 Dec 2011 and see where the process leads..
I suspect another temp. visa since I have not lived 24 months in the past 5 years..is this true??

2. Apply for a RRV in London .. and try to convince of substantial ties to Australia ( wife's family ) ..

Has anyone any experience of this??

Thanks in advance,
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal P sub class 100 visa to expire

Originally Posted by jsm66

2. Apply for a RRV in London .. and try to convince of substantial ties to Australia ( wife's family ) ..
I thought that RRVs from Switzerland went to DIAC in Berlin.
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/s/

If you have an Australian wife, Australian children, and it's less than 5 years since your last visit to Australia (using a permanent visa) then there should not be a problem to get a 5 year RRV on substantial ties basis. But better to apply now, don't wait until your visa is expired.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

jsm66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal P sub class 100 visa to expire

Thanks for the reply .. Yes that is right.

However the wife and kids live in London and I travel back and forth every weekend. I guess that will not make a difference to substantial ties?

I just figure it would be easier to do it in London.