sponsorship Visa - IT consultant????

Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

irishlass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsorship Visa - IT consultant????

HI there, just wondering if my friend could get a sponsorship visa with her husband being an IT consultant. HOw would they go about getting a visa?? SHe is a nurse and would like to work but does not want to be the one to get the sponsorship as she has to work a standard week. She has two young kids and would prefer if she could go to australia with her husband being the main earner??? Can anyone help her, she doesn't know what to do??? Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

kali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sponsorship Visa - IT consultant????

We have concluded that it would be better to get a independent skilled migrant (175) visa even if that takes longer.
I think that is a personal choice, I got no idea how long a sponsored visa takes. I guess 175 takes longer, while with the 475(?) you are strictly bound to the employer. If for some reason the contract has been canceled you have one month to leave Oz, unless you find a new sponsor. It is probably more subtle than that, so please check with an agent.
One of the complaints about the 475 visa is that it also that it takes to long, but the Rudd administration promised to solve that.

From what I have been told, if you really want to go sponsored, the best way for IT is to look at www.seek.com.au or www.mycareer.com.au, find an agent that doesn't care you have to get a sponsored visa, which is the hard part. You have to go down under for the job interviews. I have spoken to three agents, and nobody wanted to do a phone interview nor a video conference interview. The IT job market isn't what is used to be. :curse:
If you go you could take the risk of going with an business ETA a 475 (or similar) can be given while you are in Oz on a business ETA only. Although, you better check this with an agent to be sure.

This is what I went trough, I checked to see if I could get in faster with a sponsored visa, but found it to troublesome and expensive, if I had to fly over twice, than just waiting for the 175 visa.

FWIIW Some nurses seem to get priority handling on a 175, some in November already have a CO.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kali
We have concluded that it would be better to get a independent skilled migrant (175) visa even if that takes longer.
I think that is a personal choice, I got no idea how long a sponsored visa takes. I guess 175 takes longer, while with the 475(?) you are strictly bound to the employer. If for some reason the contract has been canceled you have one month to leave Oz, unless you find a new sponsor. It is probably more subtle than that, so please check with an agent.
One of the complaints about the 475 visa is that it also that it takes to long, but the Rudd administration promised to solve that.
I think you are talking about a 457, not a 475:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

kali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
I think you are talking about a 457, not a 475:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions
You are right, I got the numbers mixed. sorry.
I should also tell that I only contacted agents in Sydney.