Sponsorship visa advice please!!

Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sponsorship visa advice please!!

I am slightly confused to say the least about the different visas and which one does what! Been trawling the immi website and still not made much sense of it.

I have been offered a telephone interview for a job in perth, (I qualify as a midwife in a few weeks). They asked if i would require sponsorship and advised this as its the quickest way to get over there. I may be getting ahead of myself (not even had interview yet!) but would like some info/advice on others experiences.

As I will be coming over on my qualifications and not my husbands we have not started the application process yet due to me not being able to register in australia as a midwife until i'm registered in the UK. So to me the sponsorship way seems a good idea?

Also, I understand i may be 'tied' to this employer for about 2 years but after this time can i move jobs but stay in oz? Does the sponsorship way mean its a permanent visa provided i'm working and that once the 4 years of residency is up we can then apply for citizenship??

Like i said i am very confused
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sponsorship visa advice please!!

Originally Posted by midwife2be
I am slightly confused to say the least about the different visas and which one does what! Been trawling the immi website and still not made much sense of it.

I have been offered a telephone interview for a job in perth, (I qualify as a midwife in a few weeks). They asked if i would require sponsorship and advised this as its the quickest way to get over there. I may be getting ahead of myself (not even had interview yet!) but would like some info/advice on others experiences.

As I will be coming over on my qualifications and not my husbands we have not started the application process yet due to me not being able to register in australia as a midwife until i'm registered in the UK. So to me the sponsorship way seems a good idea?

Also, I understand i may be 'tied' to this employer for about 2 years but after this time can i move jobs but stay in oz? Does the sponsorship way mean its a permanent visa provided i'm working and that once the 4 years of residency is up we can then apply for citizenship??

Can't help with a lot on this one but perhaps, now it is back at the top, you will get mot responses.

You will need to get a lot more info. for example, what sponsorship are they offering as there are a few and they can be permanent or temporary.

Once you know this, you will have more of an idea.

Debs
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I understand i may be 'tied' to this employer for about 2 years but after this time can i move jobs but stay in oz?
Not if it's a temporary visa.

Does the sponsorship way mean its a permanent visa provided i'm working
If it's a temporary visa (subclass 457) - NO!

and that once the 4 years of residency is up we can then apply for citizenship??
With a temporary visa? - NO!

It is possible for an employer in some circumstances to sponsor directly for a permanent visa. But if you are confused then get professional assistance.

Be careful.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Will depend on whether you have any previous recognisable skills and experience but assuming you are just getting qualified and have no previous nursing experience, the 457 temporary visa may be your only option at the moment as Offshore Skilled visas require at least 6 months skilled recent experience and more often 12 months.

Will depend on whether you have any previous recognisable skills and experience but assuming you are just getting qualified and have no previous nursing experience, the 457 temporary visa may be your only option at the moment as Offshore Skilled visas (for 60 point occupations) require at least 6 months skilled recent experience and, more often, at least 12 months experience.

So let's say you get a 2 year contract with a hospital, you get a 2 year 457 visa that allows you to only work for that hospital (although changing sponsors may not be too difficult as a nurse).

After 6 months experience, you could apply for STNI from the WA State Government and then apply for skills matching visa which just requires teh 6 months in the last 12 months experience. It may take 6 to 9 months to process this visa through Adelaide and when teh visa is ready for grant, you will need to leave Australia for a week to collect your permanent visa.

So you shoudl at least seek professional advice to get your circumstances assessed for a strategy for future eligibility for permanent visas.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

I think i want to say thanks for that advice welshtony but to be honest I'm now even more confused!!!!!!

I definately need to do some more research but if they offer me the job am slightly scared that if I dont accept on a sponsored visa they might not wait for me
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

I think i want to say thanks for that advice welshtony but to be honest I'm now even more confused!!!!!!

I definately need to do some more research but if they offer me the job am slightly scared that if I dont accept on a sponsored visa they might not wait for me
As its Perth (no RSMS) and you have no experience it is going to be a 457. Use the search facility and type in "457 visa". Thousands of posts as regards this visa. Works for some, but is very easy to come unstuck. As JAJ's post shows, its pretty much "no" to most things!!

Many nurses/midwifes in Oz recommend 12months experience first (in Uk) then go for 136PR. Dont you want to work in the UK?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Will depend on whether you have any previous recognisable skills and experience but assuming you are just getting qualified and have no previous nursing experience, the 457 temporary visa may be your only option
RSMS doesn't require any work experience but that's not an option for Perth. It is ok for some places not so far from Perth, eg Bunbury and maybe even Mandurah.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have been thinking of moving to oz for a good few years and the plan was to get a few years experience in the UK but if any of you have seen the news recently there are no jobs, especially 'up north' where i live!!

My children are 9 and 13 which is another reason why to go sooner rather than later may be a better option, before my eldest can refuse to come with us

Thank you to you all for your advice, i think i'll need to read each one a few times for it to make sense though
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Neil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really nice

Hi,
Welshtony is wrong.
Even though you have no experience your employer can still sponsor you for a permanent visa. This would be an Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) Visa. Experience is generally a requirement of this visa, but in the case of occupations in demand (such as midwife) you just tick a box on the form asking for your lack of experience to be waived on account of what the form calls "exceptional circumstances".
What happens with this visa is that your employer tells DIMA that they want to sponsor you for a job. They have to pay a small fee. If this is accepted (which it should be) you will receive an e-mail from a case officer who will guide you through the immigration process and tell you all that you need to send them. There should really be no need to seek out an agent to help you. The costs you need to pay will be about £600.00 for your visa (unless your first language is not English) and the cost of medicals for you and your dependents (these are quite expensive).
For you to be able to tick the box that waives the requirement for you to have post-qualification experience I believe ( although not 100%) that at the time your employer notifies DIMA that they want you, they tell them that they have been unable to get anyone locally to fill the vacancy.
With the ENS visa you will need to submit your UK qualification to DIMA but also you will need to register with the midwifery council for Western Australia. This will need to be done first because they need to assess your skills and when they give approval, this document also needs to be seen by DIMA.
The ENS visa gives you permanent residency but other perks such as a lump sum towards your first house purchase, so it is good visa to aim for. This might be of use to you because house prices in Perth are HIGH. However, if you are not sure whether you want to emigrate permanantly, the 457 temporary visa is an easier option.
Good luck.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Neil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really nice

I meant to add,
please feel free to send me a private message if you want any more detailed info,
Neil
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil51
Hi,
Welshtony is wrong......

Good luck.
Ouch, a bit agressive. My post was not complete - as Neil says, if you have no experience as a nurse, temporary sposnorship (457) AND Employer Nomination are possible. I do tend to neglect Employer Nomination when there are Independent visas that can be applied for, so I stand corrected.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:59 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Ouch, a bit agressive.
Welcome back to BE, Tony, where one's ears get chewed off if inaccurate or incomplete messages are noticed

We've all had our share of that before Probably why I no longer listen to the wifey.

Peter
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Welcome back to BE, Tony, where one's ears get chewed off if inaccurate or incomplete messages are noticed

We've all had our share of that before Probably why I no longer listen to the wifey.

Peter
Thanks Peter

Some people don't understand how sensitive and caring I am - to be told straight out, you are wrong - it's quite upsetting, especially when you are wrong - just not cricket. Cricket ? maybe not a good example.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Neil51
Hi,
Welshtony is wrong.
Even though you have no experience your employer can still sponsor you for a permanent visa. This would be an Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) Visa. Experience is generally a requirement of this visa, but in the case of occupations in demand (such as midwife) you just tick a box on the form asking for your lack of experience to be waived on account of what the form calls "exceptional circumstances".
What happens with this visa is that your employer tells DIMA that they want to sponsor you for a job. They have to pay a small fee. If this is accepted (which it should be) you will receive an e-mail from a case officer who will guide you through the immigration process and tell you all that you need to send them. There should really be no need to seek out an agent to help you. The costs you need to pay will be about £600.00 for your visa (unless your first language is not English) and the cost of medicals for you and your dependents (these are quite expensive).
For you to be able to tick the box that waives the requirement for you to have post-qualification experience I believe ( although not 100%) that at the time your employer notifies DIMA that they want you, they tell them that they have been unable to get anyone locally to fill the vacancy.
With the ENS visa you will need to submit your UK qualification to DIMA but also you will need to register with the midwifery council for Western Australia. This will need to be done first because they need to assess your skills and when they give approval, this document also needs to be seen by DIMA.
The ENS visa gives you permanent residency but other perks such as a lump sum towards your first house purchase, so it is good visa to aim for. This might be of use to you because house prices in Perth are HIGH. However, if you are not sure whether you want to emigrate permanantly, the 457 temporary visa is an easier option.
Good luck.
Do you not have to have a permanent job job offer or one that guarantees at least three years employment for a ENS121 visa... we have just done this for Perth and needed confirmed employment for 3 years minimum... it has been a good visa for us as it is relatively rapid (just under three months if you frontload medicals and PCCs) and gives all the advantages of PR.

Good luck

Chris
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrispy
Do you not have to have a permanent job job offer or one that guarantees at least three years employment for a ENS121 visa... we have just done this for Perth and needed confirmed employment for 3 years minimum... it has been a good visa for us as it is relatively rapid (just under three months if you frontload medicals and PCCs) and gives all the advantages of PR.

Good luck

Chris
Yes, contract must be for at least 3 years, full-time and not subject to any express exclusion of the possibility of renewal. They will, in most cases, request to sight a copy of the Signed Contract or Letter of appointment as evidence of this. In limited circumstances, where commercial or contractural sensitivies are involved, a letter of guarantee, signed by both the employer and the employee, may be acceptable in lieu of a contract or letter of appointment.

If applying for the on-shore ENS visa, (and are not filling a Senior Executive position paying A$165pa plus nor been working in Australia in the nominated occupation for at least 2 years, 1 of which on a 457 for the nominating employer) you will need a skills assessment from the relevant assessing body.

For ENS there can be additional gazetted assessing bodies, especially when mandatory State/Territory registration or Licensing is required. So, as Neil says, no need to get an ANMC assessment -just get the registration in the relevant State or Territory as they are also gazetted assessing bodies for nurses for the purposes of ENS.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.