Sponsorship & MODL - the process

Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sponsorship & MODL - the process

Hi

Just been looking at the austimeline site and there appear to be visa applicants under the skilled - Australian sponsored category who have had their skills assessed and who's jobs are on the MODL list but they do not have job offers

My understanding was that you could only get sponsored if you had a job offer i.e the two things came hand in hand and you had to have a job lined up in order to get a firm to sponsor you???

My wife was under the impression that she first had to have her skills assessed before trying to find a job. Once she had found a job then the propspective employer would (hopefully) sponsor her and this would allow her to apply for a visa under the skilled - Australian sponsored category

If my understanding of the process is incorrect then we may be able to apply for our visas sooner than expected

Can anybody explain the process to us??
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sponsorship & MODL - the process

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Hi

Just been looking at the austimeline site and there appear to be visa applicants under the skilled - Australian sponsored category who have had their skills assessed and who's jobs are on the MODL list but they do not have job offers

My understanding was that you could only get sponsored if you had a job offer i.e the two things came hand in hand and you had to have a job lined up in order to get a firm to sponsor you???

My wife was under the impression that she first had to have her skills assessed before trying to find a job. Once she had found a job then the propspective employer would (hopefully) sponsor her and this would allow her to apply for a visa under the skilled - Australian sponsored category

If my understanding of the process is incorrect then we may be able to apply for our visas sooner than expected

I think that perhaps you are confusing the skilled - australian sponsored visa subclass 138 visa with the employer sponsored visa class (457?). With the skilled - australian sponsored class you are being sponsored by an australian citizen (or PR) who is related to you. You don't need a job for this type of visa.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship & MODL - the process

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Hi

You are confused between different visas. Skilled Australian Sponsored is for those with an Australian *relative*. There are different migration visas for those sponsored by an Australian *employer*.

Jeremy