Sponsorship?

Old Mar 15th 2002, 5:35 pm
Linda

Default Sponsorship?

Hi everyone,

Like a lot of people in this newsgroup...I'd like to move to Australia. I've been
there twice...the first time was from July 1999 - July 2000 on a Working Holiday
Visa. The 2nd time was last December...- January for six weeks on a visitor visa.
I've got a couple of friends in Brisbane who say that they would be able to sponsor
me if I would like to move to Australia. I've been to quite a number of immigration
sites...but they all state that Only familymembers would be able to sponsor me. Is
this true?

I'm currently studying to become a MCSA/MCSE. Have got two MCP certificates now....
so two more to go for MCSA. Am also studying for A+. Once I've completed these
courses...would I be able to move to Australia under the Skilled Category with these
certificates? I've been working in the IT industry for almost two years now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Linda.

Old Mar 15th 2002, 5:45 pm
ndaltonb

Default Re: Sponsorship?

HI Linda,

Yes this is true. There are actaully two parts to this type of visa
- the sponsor - has to be family
- the assurer - not necessarily family, but must earn over a certain amount per year and must be permanent resident in Aus.

Hope this clarifies.

Nigel db

Originally posted by Linda
I've got a couple of friends in Brisbane who say that they would be able to sponsor
me if I would like to move to Australia. I've been to quite a number of immigration
sites...but they all state that Only familymembers would be able to sponsor me. Is
this true?
Linda.