Sponsoring spouse visa - help

Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:35 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sponsoring spouse visa - help

My wife has today completed and submitted her Spouse Visa (47SP), and I have completed, as far as I can the sponsorship form (40SP).

The problem arises when I get to page 4, confirming details are correct. I select yes, click next to continue, and get an error message saying the details cannot be confirmed, check the main application and try again. We've done this numerous times, I've now created my own immi account, but still no joy.

Could it simply be a case of being unable to continue as a case officer has not looked at my wife's application yet and requested further documents? I spoke to the helpline this afternoon and they told me to wait until the main application was submitted, which we've obviously done.

Hopefully someone on here can help. Thank you.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

RURUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsoring spouse visa - help

Originally Posted by gregster10217
My wife has today completed and submitted her Spouse Visa (47SP), and I have completed, as far as I can the sponsorship form (40SP).

The problem arises when I get to page 4, confirming details are correct. I select yes, click next to continue, and get an error message saying the details cannot be confirmed, check the main application and try again. We've done this numerous times, I've now created my own immi account, but still no joy.

Could it simply be a case of being unable to continue as a case officer has not looked at my wife's application yet and requested further documents? I spoke to the helpline this afternoon and they told me to wait until the main application was submitted, which we've obviously done.

Hopefully someone on here can help. Thank you.
The more things change, the more they stay the same:

From 1 September 2007 47SP (internet) and 40SP (internet) partner electronic application and sponsorship forms will not be accessible through the DIAC website. This removal of access is necessary because clients were not able to lodge these forms electronically, resulting in confusion for some applicants.

Prospective applicants will be directed to the PDF versions which can be printed off and completed by hand. DIAC will continue to accept completed hard copy versions of 47SP and 40SP partner electronic application and sponsorship forms when they are submitted at our offices.

Note: You will not be able to access completed or partially-completed application forms from 1 September 2007. END OF FILE

This can be found at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agen...-online-forms/

Have you thought about lodging a paper application?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:42 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RURUS
The more things change, the more they stay the same:

From 1 September 2007 47SP (internet) and 40SP (internet) partner electronic application and sponsorship forms will not be accessible through the DIAC website. This removal of access is necessary because clients were not able to lodge these forms electronically, resulting in confusion for some applicants.

Prospective applicants will be directed to the PDF versions which can be printed off and completed by hand. DIAC will continue to accept completed hard copy versions of 47SP and 40SP partner electronic application and sponsorship forms when they are submitted at our offices.

Note: You will not be able to access completed or partially-completed application forms from 1 September 2007. END OF FILE

This can be found at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agen...-online-forms/

Have you thought about lodging a paper application?
It's changed again since that advice, or at least I hope so as we've submitted and paid for my wife's visa, 47SP, having completed the online application. Also, when I created an account I didn't even need to search for the 40SP as it was one of the available online applications to complete.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It's changed again since that advice, or at least I hope so as we've submitted and paid for my wife's visa, 47SP, having completed the online application. Also, when I created an account I didn't even need to search for the 40SP as it was one of the available online applications to complete.
Do you have the TRN?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:17 pm
Living the dream in WA

Yes, got the TRN. Have checked, and rechecked everything on the wife's visa application, and my part too and still head scratching!
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It's possibly a bug. The immigration system is known for them and online partner applications must be a new thing?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:36 pm
Living the dream in WA

They stopped allowing partner visa applications online, but since Dec. 13 have allowed them again, much to our delight. The paper one we had printed out was becoming painful! Hopefully, as you say, it's a bug, or now her application has been submitted it'll allow it in a day or so. Thanks.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They stopped allowing partner visa applications online, but since Dec. 13 have allowed them again, much to our delight. The paper one we had printed out was becoming painful! Hopefully, as you say, it's a bug, or now her application has been submitted it'll allow it in a day or so. Thanks.
I think you are actually the first person on here to talk of using the online application - its only been available since December 6th. Hope it works properly for you now - I'm particaularly interested in how they are going to deal with the mountain of supporting docs that usualy goes with a Spouse application!
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:12 am
Living the dream in WA

I know of a lot of people that have been nominated for residency visa recently, and they've had to fill in online visas and upload the docs. Hopefully it'll be similar in that you get them certified and then scan and send. Could take a while though, like you say, there's a fair amount that'll need to be sent across.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:42 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know of a lot of people that have been nominated for residency visa recently, and they've had to fill in online visas and upload the docs. Hopefully it'll be similar in that you get them certified and then scan and send. Could take a while though, like you say, there's a fair amount that'll need to be sent across.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Exactly, thinking of the paper mountain that usually goes with a Spouse Visa it could be a bit of a headache!
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:53 pm
Living the dream in WA

We've been together for 16years, married for 12 and have 2 kinds and joint mortgages. Been told by immi it shouldn't been too painful! Will wait and find out what they request!
Old Jan 12th 2014, 4:34 am
Home and Happy

We've been together for 16years, married for 12 and have 2 kinds and joint mortgages. Been told by immi it shouldn't been too painful! Will wait and find out what they request!
Should be pretty much a foregone conclusion at least!
Old Jan 18th 2014, 5:53 pm
Living the dream in WA

We have progress! I'd put in the wrong TRN to connect it to the wife's visa application. All progressing nicely now, Medicals for wifey and kids this morning, and I'm completing the sponsor's section.
Now it's been submitted, we just need to apply for a 1 year Visa as we'll be leaving the UK before the spouse visa is granted. When I get any more info, I'll repost to let everyone how long it took to process.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

We have progress! I'd put in the wrong TRN to connect it to the wife's visa application. All progressing nicely now, Medicals for wifey and kids this morning, and I'm completing the sponsor's section.
Now it's been submitted, we just need to apply for a 1 year Visa as we'll be leaving the UK before the spouse visa is granted. When I get any more info, I'll repost to let everyone how long it took to process.
Thanks for the advice.
If you apply for a tourist visa for your wife, make sure you let your CO know. Also, I think that as you applied offshore your wife may need to leave Australia for the spouse visa to be granted (doesn't have to be back to UK, just offshore again)
Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:16 pm
Living the dream in WA

Thanks Old Sparkles. We were told that we should apply for the spouse visa first and like you say, let the case officer know that the wife/children need a tourist visa. Not actually been given a CO yet, just been told to upload all of the documents. Do you know if we can find out who the CO is?
And, also aware that the wife and children will need to leave Aus and re enter to have the visa activated. I can feel a holiday to Bali coming on!!! ;-)
Thanks for the advice, as always.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.