Sponsoring parents

Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:57 am
Just Joined

DH06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Sponsoring parents

I am planning to immigrate to oz on an independent visa (skills but no job yet) with my spouse and child. My parents would like to come with us as they are now retired, but how do I go about doing this? Specifically:

Do I have to move to australia with my family first and then try to sponsor my parents? If so, how long would I have to wait to do this?

Will it be even possible for me to sponsor my parents because my other siblings will still be living in England?

Is there an option for my parents to be sponsored if they can show a certain amount of money upfront? If so, how much, and would this have to be money in the bank or can it be shown in assets (e.g property, etc.)

Is there any way possible for all of us to immigrate to australia together, at the same time??

Lastly, how long will the whole process take, for myself and my family, and my parents?

Any feedback would be great.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring parents

Originally Posted by DH06
I am planning to immigrate to oz on an independent visa (skills but no job yet) with my spouse and child. My parents would like to come with us as they are now retired, but how do I go about doing this? Specifically:

Do I have to move to australia with my family first and then try to sponsor my parents? If so, how long would I have to wait to do this?

Will it be even possible for me to sponsor my parents because my other siblings will still be living in England?
Download and read the information on Contributory Parent visas in Booklet 3, as a start:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

However, based on the information you give, a migration outcome does not look too hopeful.

There is a temporary Investor Retiree visa too, but this has high fees/costs and does not give permanent residence.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:14 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring parents

Originally Posted by JAJ
Download and read the information on Contributory Parent visas in Booklet 3, as a start:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

However, based on the information you give, a migration outcome does not look too hopeful.

There is a temporary Investor Retiree visa too, but this has high fees/costs and does not give permanent residence.
your parents need equal numbers or more children in australia to pass the balance of family test. by the sounds of it, you are the first child to migrate as you said 'my siblings will still be living in England'. so that would mean that the obvious parent visa is no good, as they dont meet the criteria.

retirement visa perhaps? i think they will need to contact an agent who will give them their options. are you using an agent? pehaps asking them for their advice?