sponsored visa - employers requirements

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

feenat86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsored visa - employers requirements

is there any minimum requirements for a employer to sponsor me - i have been offered a job in perth and i am getting the feeling the company is very small - will this hinder my visa chances

with the job offer it takes me over the 120 points for fast tracking but i just wondered as i dont want any hiccups due to the company being only a small one - what they have told me is that there is 4 employees so far as they are expanding

also is there any australian business checker so i can check out if there legitemate or not or would the immigration dept be able to do that for me

thanks again in advance
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsored visa - employers requirements

Originally Posted by feenat86
is there any minimum requirements for a employer to sponsor me - i have been offered a job in perth and i am getting the feeling the company is very small - will this hinder my visa chances

with the job offer it takes me over the 120 points for fast tracking but i just wondered as i dont want any hiccups due to the company being only a small one - what they have told me is that there is 4 employees so far as they are expanding
Are you applying for a general skilled visa or an employer nominated visa?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

feenat86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Are you applying for a general skilled visa or an employer nominated visa?
probably the general skilled one as i think if i am right that if you go on the nominated one you will have problems if the job doesnt work out and the skilled one i would be able to transfer to another company easily if it doesnt work out

correct me if i am wrong
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:33 pm
ARGH! TRA Pathway D!

Joosy has a spectacular aura aboutJoosy has a spectacular aura aboutJoosy has a spectacular aura about

also is there any australian business checker so i can check out if there legitemate or not or would the immigration dept be able to do that for me

thanks again in advance
Don't quote me on this, but off the top of my head, I think the company has to have at least 10 employees. Sorry!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Georgina H will become famous soon enoughGeorgina H will become famous soon enough

Where my husband is going to work there are only 3 employees, one of which is the owner who is also British and is only in the country at the office a couple of weeks a year. We have a 457 visa and whilst it took a bit more time to come through than others it wasn't because our CO asked questions, it seems it was more to do with them being busy.

I think they are more concerned that you are going to do a job that one of their own can't do, so there must be some commitment to training aussie citizens.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

As George said above there are 2 different parts to what you are asking, the first is the Company Nomination where the company applies to fill the position from outside the Australian workforce and then the second part is your Visa Application where you have to show that you can fit the criteria to fill the Nomination if approved.

What you are up against is the main factor that IMMI want positions filled but workers already in Australia, if they think it can be filled by someone already in Australia then the nomination will be denied - this is obviously more of a chance if its a small company.

Our Company Nomination and my Visa Application took 16 weeks from start to finish and although I am going to a small company with only 3 employees (4 now) we had to prove a commitment to training Australian Staff when I arrive. I am going over as Managing Director with 13 years experience at the UK office so this was obviously something which worked strongly in my favour as far as the application was concerned.

The first question I would be asking the company you are going to is do they have a Nomination already approved? If they do and you fit the criteria then it should be a pretty painless process but if they dont then get ready for what could be quite a long wait.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

probably the general skilled one as i think if i am right that if you go on the nominated one you will have problems if the job doesnt work out and the skilled one i would be able to transfer to another company easily if it doesnt work out

If you are asking about the general skilled visa, have you got a MODL occupation?

Otherwise there are no points for a job offer to begin with.

Posts #5 and #6 refer to other visas.

If all this is time critical get professional assistance to ensure you're on the right visa.