sponsored visa

Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all
Default sponsored visa

HI there im a new girl on the block

My family and i want to move to queensland but none of us have a diploma, although my husband has a trade as a Dental Technician which he has been doing for the last 15 years he has no formal qualifications for this employment. Can we still go under the heading skilled visa or is there another we can try for . I have an aunt and cousin who said they could both sponsor but i am unsure how i would go about this and how much it would cost overall. we are both in our early 30s and we have 2 small children.

Greatful for any information anyone can give me

Thanks in advance melanie
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:10 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsored visa

Originally Posted by scorpiogray

My family and i want to move to queensland but none of us have a diploma, although my husband has a trade as a Dental Technician which he has been doing for the last 15 years he has no formal qualifications for this employment. Can we still go under the heading skilled visa or is there another we can try for . I have an aunt and cousin who said they could both sponsor but i am unsure how i would go about this and how much it would cost overall. we are both in our early 30s and we have 2 small children.

You need to check whether the job your hubby does is in demand best place to start looking is here

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...re_general.htm
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:33 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

If a family member sponsors you you still need to have the trade assessed by one of the assessing bodies as the Aussie Sponsored/Designated Area Sponsored/State Sponsored Visas are part of the Skilled immigration route.......

Good News though... "Dental Technician" (3492-15) is on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) & is a 60 pt occupation (good news). It is a trade that is assessed by the TRA.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics hold all the standards of job descriptions (www.abs.gov.au) and hold the following as your hubbies job description:

Constructs and repairs dentures and other dental devices.

Skill Level:
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.

Tasks Include:
receives and interprets written orders from dentists
fabricates full and partial dentures
constructs metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
repairs, makes additions or relines denture bases
constructs maxillofacial appliances

I would have a read of all the documentation for assessment in your trade at http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra.htm and have a read through the documentation at www.immi.gov.au as you may very well qualify for a skilled independent visa rather than a sponsored one.

I would also contact an immigration agent for advice off-forum. We used George Lombard at www.austimmigration.com.au & I can 110% rec'd him & his team. Others to consider include Go Matilda, OE Visas, etc. Doing a search of the forum for AGENT will give you lots of invaluable information about them.

Claire
x

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Jul 27th 2005 at 7:35 am.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
If a family member sponsors you you still need to have the trade assessed by one of the assessing bodies as the Aussie Sponsored/Designated Area Sponsored/State Sponsored Visas are part of the Skilled immigration route.......

Good News though... "Dental Technician" (3492-15) is on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) & is a 60 pt occupation (good news). It is a trade that is assessed by the TRA.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics hold all the standards of job descriptions (www.abs.gov.au) and hold the following as your hubbies job description:

Constructs and repairs dentures and other dental devices.

Skill Level:
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.

Tasks Include:
receives and interprets written orders from dentists
fabricates full and partial dentures
constructs metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
repairs, makes additions or relines denture bases
constructs maxillofacial appliances

I would have a read of all the documentation for assessment in your trade at http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra.htm and have a read through the documentation at www.immi.gov.au as you may very well qualify for a skilled independent visa rather than a sponsored one.

I would also contact an immigration agent for advice off-forum. We used George Lombard at www.austimmigration.com.au & I can 110% rec'd him & his team. Others to consider include Go Matilda, OE Visas, etc. Doing a search of the forum for AGENT will give you lots of invaluable information about them.

Claire
x

thanks so much i cant believe how much is involved in all this i thought i could just fill out a form and wait for yes no reply.

cheers
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:52 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so much i cant believe how much is involved in all this i thought i could just fill out a form and wait for yes no reply.

cheers
Don't doubt it! LOL
We have been at this now for just over a year but I know that there are some members on BE that have been at it much much longer.

Best wishes

Claire
x

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Jul 28th 2005 at 2:34 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

cheers
Unfortunately immigration is now a competitive sport! :-)

Seriously, getting a visa to live and work in Australia is rarely simple. There are numerous forms to fill out, masses of paperwork to gather and get notorized, and numerous $$ to be spent on application fees, agents fees (if you so choose) and other miscellaneous charges. Probably at a minimum you are looking at 6-12 months and >$2500 AUS to get a visa if you include the skilled assessment portion as well. If you are scared of getting buried under the paperwork and complications of doing the application then an agent is probably your best bet. There are several good agents on this site who post frequently. It also seems that most reputable agent offer free (or very cheap) evaluations of your case, so it's probably worth contacting one even if you plan on trying to do the app yourself in the end.

Cheers,
Brian