Sponsored Family Visitor Visa Subclass 679

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:04 am
Just Joined

nadi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsored Family Visitor Visa Subclass 679

Hi Guys,
I am applying to my parents visitor visa 679 but not quite sure do I need to submit Police character certificate for them. If yes can I submit later once visa office ask for that or it is compulsary to submit with application.

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsored Family Visitor Visa Subclass 679

From the DIAC website: Meeting the character requirement for temporary and permanent migration

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required.

If you are applying in Australia, you should provide this information with your application.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:12 am
Just Joined

nadi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
From the DIAC website: Meeting the character requirement for temporary and permanent migration

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required.

If you are applying in Australia, you should provide this information with your application.
Thanks for quick response I want to apply within Australia as sponsored visa but they are outside side. It means i need to submit their police character certificate with application?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nadi
Thanks for quick response I want to apply within Australia as sponsored visa but they are outside side. It means i need to submit their police character certificate with application?
You are the sponsor. They are the applicant. They apply for the visa not you. They will therefore be applying from outside Australia.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

romeosd is an unknown quantity at this point

No, 679 visa should be applied only by the sponsor inside Australia not outside, my reference is www.immi.gov.au
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by romeosd
No, 679 visa should be applied only by the sponsor inside Australia not outside, my reference is www.immi.gov.au
http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/visiting-family/679/
The applicant fills in their form to apply for the visa. They must be offshore at the time. They then forward it to their sponsor who adds sponsorship forms and submits it.
This does not make the person submitting it into the "applicant". The applicant is the person who wants the visa. The person onshore remains the sponsor, and the only reason they are sending the forms to DIAC is so that the two halves of the application arrive together.

As the applicant is outside Australia they should not submit any health or character checks until and unless requested by DIAC. (see above link which is specific for this visa).

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 25th 2011 at 9:24 am. Reason: adding emphasis which I couldn't do while mobile earlier
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

No, 679 visa should be lodged only by the sponsor inside Australia not outside, my reference is www.immi.gov.au
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by romeosd
No, 679 visa should be lodged only by the sponsor inside Australia not outside, my reference is www.immi.gov.au
No, the sponsor ONLY LODGES THE SPONSORSHIP. The person (sponsor) inside Australia already has a visa. Did you read Pollyana's link at all? Could you please provide a link to your actual information instead of just the generic DIAC site?

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/visi...w-to-apply.htm Click on the link to see what we're saying.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

The application is lodged in Australia by the sponsor

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/visi...visa-works.htm

Person Responsibilities
Sponsor

•Lodges the sponsorship form in Australia.

AND

•Lodges a visa application form for each member of the family unit.
•Pays the visa application charge.
•Arranges a security bond for each member of the family unit, if required.
•Usually acts as the contact person for further information required during the processing of the visa application.

Applicant

•Completes and signs a valid application form (family unit members visiting Australia together each complete separate forms).
•Sends application form and supporting documents to the sponsor in Australia.
•Provides any further information requested during the processing of the visa application.
•Arranges for the visa label to be placed in their passport at an overseas office, if visa is granted.