sponsered by a relative

Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future
Default sponsered by a relative

After taking advice, we have been looking into a skilled sponsered (subclass 176) visa. My brother is pr in Perth and has agreed to sponser us. I've just been looking through the visa forms and the form for him to sign and seems to say that if my brother is related to the spouse (me) of the main applicant (my husband) then the spouse has to be included as a main applicant too.

Does this mean I have to be skills assessed, do the IELTS test and all that bumph too????

I do have a qualification, I am a nursery nurse (NNEB) but haven't worked in nurseries since before I had my first child more than 10 years ago. I have childminded up until last July - I'm currently on maternity leave at the moment, would that count in a skills assessment???

I've done a search but think I must be rubbish at it because I can't find any threads about anything like this so any help at all would be gratefully received.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:28 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Default Re: sponsered by a relative

Hi

Nope your husband will be the main applicant but use your brother as sponsor, no problems. You will not need to have your skills assessd etc as well.

Good luck

Allan
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by allankate
Hi

Nope your husband will be the main applicant but use your brother as sponsor, no problems. You will not need to have your skills assessd etc as well.

Good luck

Allan
Thanks for that Allan, so I presume I would go on the form in the usual way a spouse would and when it asks relationship of sponser to my husband, he writes brother in law? Or wifes brother??? Getting a bit ahead of myself because we aren't ready to do visa form yet but just want to make sure there will be no surprises further down the line.

Cheers again,

Jane
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:57 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jaystar
After taking advice, we have been looking into a skilled sponsered (subclass 176) visa. My brother is pr in Perth and has agreed to sponser us. I've just been looking through the visa forms and the form for him to sign and seems to say that if my brother is related to the spouse (me) of the main applicant (my husband) then the spouse has to be included as a main applicant too.

Does this mean I have to be skills assessed, do the IELTS test and all that bumph too????

I do have a qualification, I am a nursery nurse (NNEB) but haven't worked in nurseries since before I had my first child more than 10 years ago. I have childminded up until last July - I'm currently on maternity leave at the moment, would that count in a skills assessment???

I've done a search but think I must be rubbish at it because I can't find any threads about anything like this so any help at all would be gratefully received.

Hi there,
We were confused about this too. My husband is the main applicant but it is MY sister who is sponsoring us. I didn't bother putting any of my skills on the application because it was just adding to the paperwork and proof we'd have to find.
Hope all goes well for you
Irish Gal
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Irish girl, good to know it wasn't just me getting confused but glad you managed to sort it.

Jane
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:23 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

We found everything so confusing at the start, especially when it doesn't mention anything about in-laws.... I don't know how we managed to do this without an agent!!! The site is great but someone always has the answer
Best of luck with yours
Waiting for a case officer.....
Irish Gal
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Just to let you know that I am the main applicant and the familymember is the nephew of my husband .......and all is good.
So no worries !