Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Speculation on future changes to GSM (merged threads)

Speculation on future changes to GSM (merged threads)

Old May 19th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speculation on future changes to GSM (merged threads)

After the announcement on 17th May, does CSL still exist?
If yes, then please post the link.
Old May 19th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where is CSL now ?

Originally Posted by qadeer591
After the announcement on 17th May, does CSL still exist?
If yes, then please post the link.
CSL will end on 30th June, 2010.
Old May 19th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Where is CSL now ?

in the bin
Old May 20th 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Swetha is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

living_legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy GSM point test review!

Hope many of you guys familiar with this http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf

I'm just wondering whether the point test in DIAC http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm reflect any of the stuff stated in above paper.

I have noticed, they have done some changes to age, but nothing else. Since they have removed the MODL points majority of applicants are in hell of trouble. Also I don't think they have introduced anything new to replace the MODL points as well!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

I wonder what is happening with CSL applications; even though the CSL is supposed to be dead, the email from brisbane still talks about ministerial direction 45, which prioritises the application based on state sponsorship and CSL..........Hope they finalise all CSL applications soon !
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:27 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
I wonder what is happening with CSL applications; even though the CSL is supposed to be dead, the email from brisbane still talks about ministerial direction 45, which prioritises the application based on state sponsorship and CSL..........Hope they finalise all CSL applications soon !
In my opinion, they will continue processing under CSL until new priority directions are announced....
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:31 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM point test review!

Originally Posted by living_legend
Hope many of you guys familiar with this http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf

I'm just wondering whether the point test in DIAC http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm reflect any of the stuff stated in above paper.

I have noticed, they have done some changes to age, but nothing else. Since they have removed the MODL points majority of applicants are in hell of trouble. Also I don't think they have introduced anything new to replace the MODL points as well!
Hi,

That is just a review of point system, not the actual point system. If you read that FAQ, it says "It is not known if the government will decide to make
changes to the GSM Points Test." So its just a review, internal test or discussions whatever but nothing has been changed...
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
Hi,

That is just a review of point system, not the actual point system. If you read that FAQ, it says "It is not known if the government will decide to make
changes to the GSM Points Test." So its just a review, internal test or discussions whatever but nothing has been changed...
Tx, I just noted that point, but there's nothing to replace MODL points now. Actually i was expecting something from this document will replace MODL allocation.. However eventhough If they do such thing god knows whther I'll be able to meet that
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi JoeBlogsOfOz,

Is there any reference link where this email info is available?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

lorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nicelorraineandmatt is just really nice

Hi,

We spoke to immi direct yesterday over the phone. They have said that the CSL has not yet been removed on the 30th June and said if we were on the CSL when the visa application was submitted we will be proceed under the CSL even when/if it is removed/replaced.

One question: Our migration agent didn’t put on our visa application that we were on the CSL (Secondary School Teacher). Will the DIAC know that we are on the CSL even under the General Skilled Code for this occupation? Or will we need to contact the DIAC again and make them aware of the error? The agent submitted it online.

Any help would be great.

Lorraine & Matt
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its a document dating from the beginnng of 2010 about a possible review. There is no concrete information to suggest that things such as points for age are likely to change in the near future.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: GSM point test review!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its a document dating from the beginnng of 2010 about a possible review. There is no concrete information to suggest that things such as points for age are likely to change in the near future.
Thanks a lot Pollyana
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

ms1234 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This document clearly mentions that CSL will be revoked when new SOL comes into effect in July 2010.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...gsmchanges.pdf

I got a reply for my application that they will continue processing with old priorities but they are expecting a new priority processing in the near future but donot know what is in it.

Thanks
MS
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Wink election versus smp

well its the middle of july still nothing coming from the diac (shock horror).
now an election looms, if they call a date for election then wave bye bye to smp being out for july and probably aug. as no law changes can be passed until a new office takes leadership. more happy news hey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.