Speculation on changes to CSL and MODL

Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road
Default Speculation on changes to CSL and MODL

I know a lot of people are nervous of this kind of thread,and sorry, but rumour says that there will be a relatively big modification on it's Critical Skilled List (CSL). This rumour came from a site in my country and poster says he heard from his agent. Is there anyone heard any news about this?

Thank you.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CSL changes in October?

Nothing other than rumor, and rumors happen all the time, interestingly there where no rumors before the SS changes on 23/9/09.

Did you see this from the another thread, this lady has spoken to the director of the MODL review, still no guarantee but about as good a source as you can get...

"
DIAC is currently in the process of reviewing the MODL and the public consultation closes next month. The Director of the Review advised me that they are expecting to provide the final recommendations to the Minister in December.

Based on that advice, it is reasonable to assume that any changes to the MODL that arise as a result of the Review will be implemented early next year.

DIAC has already advised that the CSL will be discontinued as a result of the Review, but hasn't given a specific timeframe. Again, it would be realistic to expect that will also occur early next year, as long as DIAC doesn't change its policy without warning, as it did this week on GSM processing priorities.

Best regards
Susan
www.metaanz.com"
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunitram
I know a lot of people are nervous of this kind of thread,and sorry, but rumour says that there will be a relatively big modification on it's Critical Skilled List (CSL). This rumour came from a site in my country and poster says he heard from his agent. Is there anyone heard any news about this?

Thank you.
Well, I heard from my uncle's secretary's sister's husband's brother's wife who has a friend that knows someone that works at DIAC that there may not be any changes.

Either way, it's nothing but rumour and speculation.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Okavango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changes to CSL and MODL

Hi. I've just been reading around this issue in an effort to understand what the impact might be later this year. It would seem to me that the CSL and MODL are going to be reviewed and a new combined list termed the Future Skills List will be created. I'd guess this would be similar to the current CSL, though reviewed for requirements over the next 3-5 years. In effect it seems that the greatest effect will be in reduction of the MODL rather than phase out of the CSL. What do others think?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to CSL and MODL

What I think is that beyond what has been published by DIAC its all just rumor and speculation
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speculation on changes to CSL and MODL

Threads merged
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

riteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to all
Default Re: Changes to CSL and MODL

Originally Posted by freebo
What I think is that beyond what has been published by DIAC its all just rumor and speculation
-- Thats about it, anything else you come across on other websites/forums is all individual opinion outside DIAC. Unless you see a document published by DIAC saying so, don't take it for granted.

Sit tight and watch this space, we will see many rumors/jitters until early next year!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well, I heard from my uncle's secretary's sister's husband's brother's wife who has a friend that knows someone that works at DIAC that there may not be any changes.

Either way, it's nothing but rumour and speculation.
LOL!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New MODL list, what are we expecting?

Hi guys, this may seem like a dumb question but I am wondering what we are thinking DIAC may announce in December?

I am one of the people who got ss and was advised by case worker to do medicals on 15 September, only to find out the changes put me on hold untill 2012,

I am now reading about the changes that may be announced in December, but do we really think they will help us in any way? I am a little confused.

I know no one has a crystal ball to predict what the DIAC are doing, but do we have any indication that these changes could mean that we become priority again?
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:05 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New MODL list, what are we expecting?

This horse has already been beaten to death, so at risk of being reprimanded I can only say that the "new" direction the migration policy is taking is to be more demand-driven, than supply-driven. Which means, that if your skills are in demand by the states or Australian employers, your application will receive higher priority, than those that are not in demand. The demand will obviously be shaped by listing occupations, eligible for state/employer sponsorship and regular reviews of processing outcomes. But all of this is common knowledge and vague enough to drive the waiting lot up the wall. Unfortunately no-one can say anything in particular about any individual case.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged so all the rumours stay together.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

DoubleCabbage will become famous soon enoughDoubleCabbage will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Threads merged so all the rumours stay together.
ah haa, so its you who has been collecting all these rumors
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition to this, how much time (reasonable enough for getting awareness by prospective applicants), they will provide for implementation after the announcement of change tooks place?
Originally Posted by debi_wayne
Hi guys, this may seem like a dumb question but I am wondering what we are thinking DIAC may announce in December?

I am one of the people who got ss and was advised by case worker to do medicals on 15 September, only to find out the changes put me on hold untill 2012,

I am now reading about the changes that may be announced in December, but do we really think they will help us in any way? I am a little confused.

I know no one has a crystal ball to predict what the DIAC are doing, but do we have any indication that these changes could mean that we become priority again?
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by debi_wayne

I do not think the new MODL will include my occupation. I applied under Building and engineering professional nec 2129-79. So, MODL will not help my case at all. I do not know about your occupation though.

However, I was requested to send medicals and PCC by my CO. I am considered to be in the final stages. And, what I am hoping for is that the new changes will make excpetions to applicants who are in the final stages. I hope that we will get our VISAs regardless of the NEW MODL or the new laws.

DIAC should do that if they care about showing the public some commitment and professonalism. They asked me to do the medicals (and pay money to the hospital), so they should bear with me. That's how I see it.

I still believe in DIAC, but I think that we (applicants in the final stages) are supposed to do something. We maybe should send a PLE with a message to the minister saying " Kindly, consider applicants who are the final stages while you are reviewing your policies".

I do not know..... what do you people think?
Ahmad
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
DIAC should do that if they care about showing the public some commitment and professonalism.
DIAC don't make the rules, they just implement them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.