Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Specific Work experience and Recent work experience

Specific Work experience and Recent work experience

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:32 pm
Badri

Default Specific Work experience and Recent work experience

Hi All,

With the help of Mr. George Lombard I was able to get my ACS 60
points. I am in the process of filling the application.

I came across two things
- Recent work experience and
- Specific work experience

I have attached my current employer reference document which shows
that I have been employed and has the experience for last 4years and 8
months.

I have also attached my employement contract.

What should I provide for specfic experience? Since the currenct
employer reference also indicates the specific experience that I have
been nominated by ACS.

Please let me know

Thanks in advance
Badrinath

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Specific Work experience and Recent work experience

Hi

I provided the same documentation for both specific and recent as for my fiance, it was the same thing i.e. he has been doing the same job for the last 14 odd years. I merely provided 1 set of certified documents under the heading "recent work experience" including a detailed list of the same and under the heading of specific work experience, I cross referenced it to the heading of "recent work experience" - it turned out that all the documents I had provided for my skills assessment were the same as for both types of work experience so they got two sets anyway.

Good luck

Originally posted by Badri
Hi All,

With the help of Mr. George Lombard I was able to get my ACS 60
points. I am in the process of filling the application.

I came across two things
- Recent work experience and
- Specific work experience

I have attached my current employer reference document which shows
that I have been employed and has the experience for last 4years and 8
months.

I have also attached my employement contract.

What should I provide for specfic experience? Since the currenct
employer reference also indicates the specific experience that I have
been nominated by ACS.

Please let me know

Thanks in advance
Badrinath
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:30 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I have included the complete set of document under ACS and skills assesment.
I am also attaching my resume, employment contract and all the employment reference documents.

The question

what do you mean by 1 set of certified documents under the heading "recent work experience" including a detailed list of the same and under the heading of specific work experience,

I just have couple of pages of employment reference document on company letter head which is certified thats it.

Should i provide more information???

thanks in advance
Badri

Originally posted by Atticus
Hi

I provided the same documentation for both specific and recent as for my fiance, it was the same thing i.e. he has been doing the same job for the last 14 odd years. I merely provided 1 set of certified documents under the heading "recent work experience" including a detailed list of the same and under the heading of specific work experience, I cross referenced it to the heading of "recent work experience" - it turned out that all the documents I had provided for my skills assessment were the same as for both types of work experience so they got two sets anyway.

Good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Badri

sorry to confuse you - I have provided only 1 set of documents for both recent and specific as for us this is the same thing - in addition, the usual documents as required by 47sk including my assessment documents and to make this fairly simple, in my letter to dimia, I listed all the documents that I was providing in accordance with their requirements - each document became a sub-heading e.g.

1. Form 47sk
2. Passport pictures
3. Birth Certificates etc etc

one of the subheadings was "recent work experience" under this heading I detailed the documents I was providing in full - however under my heading for "specific" I merely stated "see documents provided under "recent".

In the statutory declaration detailing self employment, my fiance stated that his recent and specific work experience was the same - this was included as part of the list of documents detailed under "recent"

So when I say 1 set of certified documents - I mean 1 set for both "recent" and specific" and I have detailed them i.e. listed the exact contents under the heading for "recent" rather than duplicating the whole thing all over again under "specific" I merely cross referenced them.

I hope this helps.
Originally posted by badri
Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I have included the complete set of document under ACS and skills assesment.
I am also attaching my resume, employment contract and all the employment reference documents.

The question

what do you mean by 1 set of certified documents under the heading "recent work experience" including a detailed list of the same and under the heading of specific work experience,

I just have couple of pages of employment reference document on company letter head which is certified thats it.

Should i provide more information???

thanks in advance
Badri
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:48 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Atticus,

Thanks that helps. Did you send any covering letter to DIMA?

Because in the form 47sk they have included the checklist. I am just going through the check list and putting the papers together.

Do i have to mention what each document means by putting a tab or something ?

Sorry for asking all this. I am as other have been through going through the stress..

Badri

One more question:

Badri

sorry to confuse you - I have provided only 1 set of documents for both recent and specific as for us this is the same thing - in addition, the usual documents as required by 47sk including my assessment documents and to make this fairly simple, in my letter to dimia, I listed all the documents that I was providing in accordance with their requirements - each document became a sub-heading e.g.

1. Form 47sk
2. Passport pictures
3. Birth Certificates etc etc

one of the subheadings was "recent work experience" under this heading I detailed the documents I was providing in full - however under my heading for "specific" I merely stated "see documents provided under "recent".

In the statutory declaration detailing self employment, my fiance stated that his recent and specific work experience was the same - this was included as part of the list of documents detailed under "recent"

So when I say 1 set of certified documents - I mean 1 set for both "recent" and specific" and I have detailed them i.e. listed the exact contents under the heading for "recent" rather than duplicating the whole thing all over again under "specific" I merely cross referenced them.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I dont think that there is a requirement to do a letter but we did - just breaking down what we enclosed along with enclosing the checklists from booklet 6. We used the checklists and different colour paper having the number and heading (the number and heading as detailed in my covering letter) on them to divide them from each other - did not use tabs, ringbinders etc as this is not recommended - the only paperclip used was to hold the passport pictures in place.

Its up to your preference how you wish to put things together - as long as they are in the order of the checklist as provided by Dimia - it does however state in booklet 6/47sk (cant remember which) that do not bind or put in plastic folders etc. So will just use one big giant jumbo clip to keep things together.

Good luck

Originally posted by badri
Atticus,

Thanks that helps. Did you send any covering letter to DIMA?

Because in the form 47sk they have included the checklist. I am just going through the check list and putting the papers together.

Do i have to mention what each document means by putting a tab or something ?

Sorry for asking all this. I am as other have been through going through the stress..

Badri

One more question:
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:35 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Thanks for making things clear. I will make a table of contents like stuff with clear information what is what.

I did read that you should not put it ringbinders or plastic folder. I will put a clip for each and then a jumbo one for all.

Thanks a lot

I dont think that there is a requirement to do a letter but we did - just breaking down what we enclosed along with enclosing the checklists from booklet 6. We used the checklists and different colour paper having the number and heading (the number and heading as detailed in my covering letter) on them to divide them from each other - did not use tabs, ringbinders etc as this is not recommended - the only paperclip used was to hold the passport pictures in place.

Its up to your preference how you wish to put things together - as long as they are in the order of the checklist as provided by Dimia - it does however state in booklet 6/47sk (cant remember which) that do not bind or put in plastic folders etc. So will just use one big giant jumbo clip to keep things together.

Good luck