Specific work experience

Old Dec 19th 2010, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

swati.arora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Specific work experience

Hi

I am new to this forum and I hope you could help me, I am planning to apply for skilled independent permanent 175 visa. I looked at the point system on immigration website. I am able to score 115 points:

English: 25
nominated skill occupation in sol3 : 60

But for another 5 points the requirement is specific work experience. I am a chartered accountant and also did B com (Honors).

I do have 4 years of experience but only 1 year of post qualification experience. Rest of the 3 years I worked as an intern. Although the position was paid and I worked more that 20 hrs/week, would the internship period be counted?

Thanks for the help!!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Specific work experience

Originally Posted by swati.arora
Hi

I am new to this forum and I hope you could help me, I am planning to apply for skilled independent permanent 175 visa. I looked at the point system on immigration website. I am able to score 115 points:

But for another 5 points the requirement is specific work experience. I am a chartered accountant and also did B com (Honors).

I do have 4 years of experience but only 1 year of post qualification experience. Rest of the 3 years I worked as an intern. Although the position was paid and I worked more that 20 hrs/week, would the internship period be counted?

Thanks for the help!!
Why don't you try going for State Sponsorship. You will obtain an additional 10 points plus your application will be prioritised. Just a thought.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:15 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ozzieland
Why don't you try going for State Sponsorship. You will obtain an additional 10 points plus your application will be prioritised. Just a thought.
If she think she does not meet the specific work experience criteria then she definitely cannot meet the 3 years work experience requirement by the states.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:16 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks for the help!!
do you mean an internship or a traineeship/articleship ? because they both are different.

you were most probably paid an stiped?

during your work as a trainee what were your designations? Junior Auditor, Senior Auditor, Audit supervisor, Audit manager?

or if you didn't work in audit then what were your designations?
Old Dec 20th 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thanks for the help!!
Hi,

IMHO you must have or will do the assessment for your overseas qualification from ICAA, CPA or NIA and this would be equivalent to Australian bachelor degree. This shall give you 15 points for your qualification.

Regards
Old Dec 20th 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

toxic5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for the help!!
HI swati.arora,

Have you done your skill assesment yet?whats your nominated occupation if you have been assesd?

Many encounter the poblem their initial years of experience been a training or internship.but what was your designation?was it as a trainee Accounts trainee/finance trainee?audit trainee?
In my opinion than the job title DIAC is interested in the standard of duties performed.even during your internship if you have performed required standard of duties thats what really matter.However i have heard different opinions and I too need a clarification ,if you job title includes "accounts trainee/intern whther DIAC would not consider it as skilled experience?

Also if you have performed duties up to the required standard of an accountant even in the internship,if your employer agrees to give you the reference letter without including trainee/intern title,that should be fine and you would be able to score.

If your initial appointment letter has the job title as a trainee/intern,i dont know whether that is going to be a problem for DIAC.then again appointment letter should be provided only if requested.Under specific work experience verification I am not sure whther DIAC would ask your appointment letters as well and to what extend the job title matters.
please get it clarified.
It would really help in here to have the opinion of members who have gone through similar situation.

please post in here if you get any clarification about this.iam really keen to know about this matter too.