specific question

Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default specific question

I am a nurse who is currently working and living in the uk. we, as a family are moving to aus next ear. we have lived there before and i have maintained my registration with the aus nursing council.

However if i was to apply for the new visa on my nursing qualification i would need to do the english test etc and incur all the costs that go along withthis.

My wife is a social worker so we can obtain the visa on her alone.

The question is.... if i was in aus and holding my registration with the nursing c ouncil over there would i still need to undertake the tests and costs?

Hope the question is clear enough as it confuses me !
Old Oct 1st 2011, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: specific question

Originally Posted by fillinghams
I am a nurse who is currently working and living in the uk. we, as a family are moving to aus next ear. we have lived there before and i have maintained my registration with the aus nursing council.

However if i was to apply for the new visa on my nursing qualification i would need to do the english test etc and incur all the costs that go along withthis.

My wife is a social worker so we can obtain the visa on her alone.

The question is.... if i was in aus and holding my registration with the nursing c ouncil over there would i still need to undertake the tests and costs?

Hope the question is clear enough as it confuses me !
If you're still registered with AHPRA then why would you need to undergo the registration with ahpra requirements again? That doesnt make sense... Surely you just have to evidence that you are still registered?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

That is the whole point i am reg with them, but when applying for a visa you need to undertake the english test and prove you have taken it.

It is daft, i was thinking that if i was in aus then i wouldnt need to pay out and do the test, but i bet i blinking well do
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fillinghams
That is the whole point i am reg with them, but when applying for a visa you need to undertake the english test and prove you have taken it.

It is daft, i was thinking that if i was in aus then i wouldnt need to pay out and do the test, but i bet i blinking well do
If you are going as a dependant on your wife's visa application then you do not need to do IELTS.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

When I did my ielts there was an English nurse there (in oz) also doing it...
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

its not simple is it? any one else add clarity, or more confusion more like lol