sort of complicated defacto

Old May 7th 2008, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough
Default sort of complicated defacto

hi all,

new on here but its a great site, basically i'm in australia few years on a 457 visa, have applied for my own 175 in january. Living with the girlfriend who is in australia on a WHV since june 14th last which is due to expire on june 14th this year we'd been going out before this but this was the first year of living together.

anyway we knew the story so kept all the paperwork so we're ok there, the company here are submitting to add her as a defacto on my 457visa in june.

just wondering if my 175 comes thru before then (very unlikely) or while her 457 is been processed or when she's on the 475, when we apply to put her on my 175 visa will she get a bridging visa to stay in country???

also after the 14th of June can i apply to add her as a defcato to my 175 visa online as i submitted mine online? how do you do this cant find anything on the website.

just the timing seems to be the complicated thing, if she's on the 457 and i apply to put her on my 175 the 457 keeps us in the country until a decision is made, but if the 175 comes thru before her 457 is finalised it'll be a bit of a mess i think and wondering if she gets a bridging visa when she is the defacto as the main applicant obviously does not

Sorry for repeating old topic but couldnt find specific answers in the searchs.

Last edited by k974; May 7th 2008 at 4:52 am.
Old May 7th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: sort of complicated defacto

anyone?
Old May 7th 2008, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k974
anyone?
Like you said, its kind of complicated. Could be one you'll need to talk to an agent about.
Old May 7th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

hi anyone know how i add the defacto on line after i've submitted mine?