Soon to be Graduate applying for STNI

Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:53 am
Just Joined

dayank will become famous soon enoughdayank will become famous soon enough
Default Soon to be Graduate applying for STNI

Hi everyone -

I will be graduating soon with an occupation that is in demand in NT, WA and VIC. I am wondering if anybody here has had the experience of applying for an STNI immediately after graduating, and if the application was successful. I do not have any work experience in my field unfortunately as I am still a student.

Also, if someone can please explain the fees schedule that would be great - because I am very confused!! What is the first and second installments, and when do you pay them?

Thanks!

Edited to add - I will be graduating from an Australian uni.

Last edited by dayank; Mar 15th 2007 at 11:49 am.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to be Graduate applying for STNI

Originally Posted by dayank
Hi everyone -

I will be graduating soon with an occupation that is in demand in NT, WA and VIC. I am wondering if anybody here has had the experience of applying for an STNI immediately after graduating, and if the application was successful. I do not have any work experience in my field unfortunately as I am still a student.

Also, if someone can please explain the fees schedule that would be great - because I am very confused!! What is the first and second installments, and when do you pay them?

Thanks!

Edited to add - I will be graduating from an Australian uni.
Talk to the state migration agency to see what their policy is. Many will not sponsor new graduates for STNI so you might have to look at other options (eg SIR).

If you do get STNI, then bear in mind that it is an offshore visa.

Fees are explained on form 990i.

Get professional advice if confused as the rules for graduating students are very complex and if you miss your chance to apply for the right visa, no-one will be sympathetic.