Wikiposts

Some general question

Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice
Default Re: Some general question

Originally Posted by NikiL
General version. Make sure you practice beforehand to familiarise yourself with the format.
Thanks Nikil, just had a look at a sample test, definitely won't be blase about taking it!! Boooooo thought I had everything in hand
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newjersey
Umm, like, me Fire away, what's up
NJ
really!!!??!??! phew.. that makes me feel a whole lot better now!! im just getting very agitated.. still preparing my ACS stuff, keep reading lots of people with lots of different programming skills, and here's me with NONE!

am slowly feeling very "not positive"!

that's all.....
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ChocCake
really!!!??!??! phew.. that makes me feel a whole lot better now!! im just getting very agitated.. still preparing my ACS stuff, keep reading lots of people with lots of different programming skills, and here's me with NONE!

that's all.....
I cannot believe how much harder Australia is compared to New Zealand. NZ took 6 weeks end to end, from sending in the form to getting the stamp, and was completely painless. This English test completely freaks me out - even as an English person! I have no idea how a non-English speaker could possibly handle it. Kudos to anyone who does!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
I cannot believe how much harder Australia is compared to New Zealand. NZ took 6 weeks end to end, from sending in the form to getting the stamp, and was completely painless. This English test completely freaks me out - even as an English person! I have no idea how a non-English speaker could possibly handle it. Kudos to anyone who does!
LOL yup!! im patiently waiting my results.....
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL yup!! im patiently waiting my results.....
I'm having awful flashbacks to GCSE English Language...how long did it take you to sit the exam ChocCake?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:09 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

that's all.....
can't believe that people don't know how to build an algorithm, ya khow. Getting dressed - first pants, then shoes, eh? LOL
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Hi Sam - the immi.gov.au says if you hold a UK passport you don't need to sit an IELTS test to prove you meet the threshold. Can you please point me to where on the website (or another website) you found the information that says even if you have a UK passport, you have to sit the test to claim the 20 points for proficient English? Thanks
Hi, I think this has been answered for you, so won't repeat it!

My OH had to do the academic version, not the general one, for his skills assessment, glad it was him not me!

Good luck

Sam
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by newjersey
can't believe that people don't know how to build an algorithm, ya khow. Getting dressed - first pants, then shoes, eh? LOL
so seriously now, did you apply under 2231-79? how many years exp? if you dont mind me asking, or would you rather i PM you?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the answers. I have two follow on questions!

* How many copies of my university transcipt will I need?

I need one for ACS - will I need a second for any reason?

* ACS bases the 4 years experience requirement based on around 38 hours a week. If I prove (via my timesheets) that I have worked the four years with regards to hours - will that count?

My dilemma is that I only have 3.5 years post grad experience but I often work MUCH more than 38 hours a week.

Thanks
Tony
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Thanks for all the answers. I have two follow on questions!

* How many copies of my university transcipt will I need?

I need one for ACS - will I need a second for any reason?
you will need to have a certified hardcopy to send to ACS, then you can scan the certified copy (in colour) for online visa app
so if you are talking about hardcopy, you only need 1
unless you are applying paper based, then you will need another 1

someone correct me if i'm wrong
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:40 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

so seriously now, did you apply under 2231-79? how many years exp? if you dont mind me asking, or would you rather i PM you?
2231-79 + MODL. I have BSc in Technology + 17 years IT experience I'm not THAT old, just started working from junior year LOL. I sent refs covering 10 years back just to be sure was not hard because I made these refs years ago and kept them for sheer heck of it. It did pay off eventually LOL

And yes, you can PM me
NJ
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:45 pm

you will need to have a certified hardcopy to send to ACS, then you can scan the certified copy (in colour) for online visa app
so if you are talking about hardcopy, you only need 1
unless you are applying paper based, then you will need another 1

someone correct me if i'm wrong
if you scan in colour, no need to certify the documents, just scan the original and thats that.
NJ