software engineer help requried

Old Apr 28th 2013, 10:18 am
Just Joined

sonysony2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default software engineer help requried

Hello
For software engineer do we need 4 years degree of computer science is mendatory or 3 years degree in enought

see the following
Long lead time
Software and Applications Programmers partially meet the criteria of long lead time as entry to the occupation of Software Engineer requires a substantial training commitment.
Employment as a Software Engineer generally requires the completion of a university qualification of at least four years study (full-time equivalent), such as a Bachelor of Software Engineering. Note: sampling of university courses for Analyst Programmer and Developer Programmer shows employment as such generally requires the completion of a three year university qualification only, therefore not meeting long lead time.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: software engineer help requried

Originally Posted by sonysony2013
Hello
For software engineer do we need 4 years degree of computer science is mendatory or 3 years degree in enought

see the following
Long lead time
Software and Applications Programmers partially meet the criteria of long lead time as entry to the occupation of Software Engineer requires a substantial training commitment.
Employment as a Software Engineer generally requires the completion of a university qualification of at least four years study (full-time equivalent), such as a Bachelor of Software Engineering. Note: sampling of university courses for Analyst Programmer and Developer Programmer shows employment as such generally requires the completion of a three year university qualification only, therefore not meeting long lead time.
Hi sonysony2013.

I'm not sure where you are quoting from, but if it is the skills assessor then it seems clear that they want to see a 4 year degree.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

hello
thanks for reply, following is the list

http://www.awpa.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Default degree help

Hello
I have bachelor of computer science degree standand duration 4 years but I have completed in 3.5 years. Will australia immi consider my degree as 4 years of 3 years
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

hello
thanks for reply. I have a bachelor of computer science standand duration is 4 years but I have completed in 3.5 years will they consider it as 4 years degree of 3 years
Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: degree help

Assuming your from the UK, they will take it for what it is.

A bachelors degree, regardless of how long you took to get it.

I think all degrees are lumped into the same bracket, with a Masters being worth the same as a Bachelors when it comes to immigration points. However i might be wrong, and im sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to clarify.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: degree help

Hello
I have bachelor of computer science degree standand duration 4 years but I have completed in 3.5 years. Will australia immi consider my degree as 4 years of 3 years
Are you worried about the points you will receive from skillselect for your degree, or passing your skills assessment?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:30 am
Just Joined

Hello
actually both
Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:21 am

Well as the occupation you are intending to apply under is on the skills list, the first step for you is the skills assessment. Why not contact the assessing body to see if your degree is acceptable. A lot of the organisations also offer a points advisory service as well and can evaluate your employment in terms of allowable years. DIAC do not have to accept the advise, but it may help you in deciding where you are at.

Do you also need IELTS?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

hello
thanks for reply. I have a bachelor of computer science standand duration is 4 years but I have completed in 3.5 years will they consider it as 4 years degree of 3 years
If the degree you've finished takes 4 years to complete all the requirements as standard, but you have completed ALL those requirements in 3.5 years which is less than the standard time - then it's still a 4 year degree qualification and will be treated as such.