So where the bloody hell are they .....

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default So where the bloody hell are they .....

to coin a marketing slogan! I know it's a waiting game but it's just SOOOOO frustrating. All the paperwork has been confirmed received (meds, pccs) a couple of weeks ago now and it just feels like life is on hold. We're due to move out of our house on 31st May and can't delay our buyers any more, OH has signed his job contract and they want him to commit to a start date of 2nd July, eldest son finishes school on 4th May (I'm being nice to him and pulling him before pointless sats) all we need now is the visa! I don't think anyone got a grant this morning - watching the spreadsheets turn green is the one thing that gives me hope!

Martha
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:31 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So where the bloody hell are they .....

Im felling the frustration too, still waiting for PCC to come back....... you'll be green soon.

How did OH find work out there? I've mailed a few agencies, but they dont seem interested? I spoke to some agents at the expo in earls court, they were really enthusiastic on the day, but havent replied to any of my mails?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Mark: the only reason OH got the job was because he met the agent when we were over on holiday in November - they really aren't too interested until you're in front of them, visa in hand. Even after a really positive "I could place you tomorrow" meeting, e-mails were often ignored and it was very much up to OH to keep the contact alive. However, he did come through big time in the end! Depending on your skills set, there does seem to be a real shortage in Sydney at the moment so if you can hold your nerve until you arrive it shouldn't take long to pick up something. The company who have taken OH on were very keen to make sure the deal was sealed before we arrived as they know he had other options and wouldn't be around for long. By the time he got to the third interview they were offering to do a 457 if necessary.

Martha
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:14 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Its just typical agencies really, they are the same in this country too. I have spoken to a friend, who can get me work in a not so well paying company, but to get the rates I am looking for he said i'd have to take a managerial role.

Ah well, I'll have plenty of time on the beach in between interviews
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:23 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
to coin a marketing slogan! I know it's a waiting game but it's just SOOOOO frustrating. All the paperwork has been confirmed received (meds, pccs) a couple of weeks ago now and it just feels like life is on hold. We're due to move out of our house on 31st May and can't delay our buyers any more, OH has signed his job contract and they want him to commit to a start date of 2nd July, eldest son finishes school on 4th May (I'm being nice to him and pulling him before pointless sats) all we need now is the visa! I don't think anyone got a grant this morning - watching the spreadsheets turn green is the one thing that gives me hope!

Martha
I know how you feel, My OH is due to start work May 21st, we hope to be flying 14/05, we've cancelled removals twice now, will have to cancel the whole lot if we don't receive the visa this week. 3 weeks today we're suppost to fly, can't wait,since selling our house (in Oct!!) we have lived in rental accom, nether of us are working ( I gave my job up as we moved, no point getting new one) and he is on his last lot of leave. everyday is a killer waiting for that email.

have you a CO? if so is it the same one you were given first as we're on our second CO due to the seconds helping the first out.

good luck to you

JO
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:39 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

DMIA do say plastered all over their paperwork, not to make commitments, dispose of property or resign until a grant has been received.

I made a commitment to activate my visa and booked flights etc, but the visa came whilst i was in Aus which meant leaving and returning. An unnecessary expense. No matter what you think the timelines are going to be they always fall short of most peoples expectations.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mark213
, . No matter what you think the timelines are going to be they always fall short of most peoples expectations.
I would agree with this - all our paperwork was finalised at the end of May and we did not get our visa grant until the end of August - no reason given - no issues - just had to wait.
Angela
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

My visa was granted exactly 5 weeks after I had the medicals if thats any help to you. Mick
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mick - that's the kind of thing I want to hear I know you're not supposed to make definite plans before the visa arrives, but the whole thing is such a jigaw it's hard to make everything fit at the right time!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Rich_Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

It can be a very frustrating process, but well worth it in the end! Just keep planning all the things you dream of doing when you arrive!