so many GOT ITs...where's mine :(

Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

waltham03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default so many GOT ITs...where's mine :(

congrats to everyone who got their acceptances today.....seems like a lot of them did....u guys must be so happy the wait is over....

me, well no such luck.....completed 15months since today yet no sign of the decision....hope it comes before turn of the century...
Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 15 months?!?

Have you had your pc and medicals requested at least ?

what visa did you apply for?
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:38 am
AkramSMG

Default Re: so many GOT ITs...where's mine :(

mine took 23 months

Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

completed 15months since today yet no sign of the decision....hope it comes before turn of the century...
I'm at 15.5 months right now...
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: 15 months?!?

Originally posted by Vanou
Have you had your pc and medicals requested at least ?

what visa did you apply for?
i applied for skilled independent....the only communication i have had from dimia was a request for some addition employer references....and i sent that over 5 months back.....
i had sent my medicals and PCC along with my application...they wont be asking for them again would they ?
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by AkramSMG
mine took 23 months
23 months....gosh...i will be half dead if mine takes that long....why did yours take so long.....what happened
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by SentApril2002
I'm at 15.5 months right now...
wow....that is scary....i applied early may 2002....what stage of evaluation do you think you are at right now....what visa have you applied for.....the thing is DIMIA had asked me for additional references from past employers.....its been 5 months since i send them all that....they havent yet contacted any of those references....even my agent has no idea whats going on...
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by waltham03
what stage of evaluation do you think you are at right now....what visa have you applied for.....
I am applying for a skilled independent visa. The hold up seems to be the US background check. I submitted medicals/police checks back in mid-March/early April. I just fedex'd a second FBI clearance as they lost the first one. Hopefully this will be the last thing they need from me before the grant.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by SentApril2002
I am applying for a skilled independent visa. The hold up seems to be the US background check. I submitted medicals/police checks back in mid-March/early April. I just fedex'd a second FBI clearance as they lost the first one. Hopefully this will be the last thing they need from me before the grant.
hi SentApril2002

thanks for your reply. i had sent my PCC and medicals along with my application so they shouldnt be requesting them again would they? are you a US citizen? i am from india but live in US so I had to send PCC from India as well as US.

I hope you get your grant letter soon

take care
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:39 pm
AkramSMG

My case officer was too bad she it took she send me an email telling that i have to do medicals but it took her 7 months to send me the medical letter although i was calling her weekly everytime she saying ohhh next week it will be with you,till 7months can you imagin

Old Aug 6th 2003, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by AkramSMG
My case officer was too bad she it took she send me an email telling that i have to do medicals but it took her 7 months to send me the medical letter although i was calling her weekly everytime she saying ohhh next week it will be with you,till 7months can you imagin
that is rediculous man....feel sorry for u...i think i am also stuck with a bad case officer...my agent sent her a status inquiry last month and her reply was quite rude and in so many words she told me not to contact her again and that she doesnt know how much time it would take...feel so helpless....most of the people who applied in may 2002 have already got their decisions....dont know what to do...i am thinking of writing an email to [email protected] ......who u think they usually reply to queries....

so are u in australia now...
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by waltham03
are you a US citizen? i am from india but live in US so I had to send PCC from India as well as US.

I hope you get your grant letter soon

take care
Waltham03,

I am Canadian, but worked for many years in the US. Am actually thinking of going back if this visa doesn't come through soon. As far as emailing, don't waste your time, it seems from what I have read, it only annoys DIMIA. Since they have control over your visa, not much can be done.

Good luck!