Wikiposts

So I got my IELTS results today...

Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

raspberrykitty will become famous soon enoughraspberrykitty will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So I got my IELTS results today...

Well done!

Just out of curiosity did you need to do it to get enough points or was is for some extra? I think my husband has 130/135 (bad memory) and wouldnt have to do the test but wondering if it is worth it for even more points. Do they prioritise those with the highest scores, or is it everyone over 120 i the order in which they applied?

If he did badly would he be able to disregard it? I am not sure he would do very well to be honest as he is always done more vocational qualifications than academic.

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
No Im not, Im german....its funny because the first time I came to australia I didnt say a word, I let my mate do the talking for me as I was too embarrassed to talk....your hubby will be fine though....its important you pay attention to everything. I was nervous too even though I was pretty confident that I would be fine, but you never know I guess.
Wow! good on you! That is excellent. Would you mind sharing just ho much you practised? You must be very satisfied Perhaps your shyness back in OZ taught you to pay attention...
Old Feb 8th 2010, 12:22 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Astrid
Wow! good on you! That is excellent. Would you mind sharing just ho much you practised? You must be very satisfied Perhaps your shyness back in OZ taught you to pay attention...
I actually didnt practise at all

I just learned over the years I guess.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by raspberrykitty
Well done!

Just out of curiosity did you need to do it to get enough points or was is for some extra? I think my husband has 130/135 (bad memory) and wouldnt have to do the test but wondering if it is worth it for even more points. Do they prioritise those with the highest scores, or is it everyone over 120 i the order in which they applied?

If he did badly would he be able to disregard it? I am not sure he would do very well to be honest as he is always done more vocational qualifications than academic.

Thanks
No, they don't prioritise with the highest score, you just have to have 120 points or more.
But are you sure your husband still scores 130 or 135 after the removal of the MODL (see sticky thread at the top of this forum)?

Without proficient English (7 in all modules), you will only get 120 points if you're under 30 and speak a community language, and to have more than 120 points would additionally require some kind of Australian study or work experience.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
I actually didnt practise at all

I just learned over the years I guess.
well, that's pretty amazing. I thought it would be ok until a couple of days ago when I tried out for one of those free "listening" tests. I did horrible! And I am good at english (or so I thought)...So I certainly have to practise. Never speak english in my daily life and haven't done so for ages, so there's really some work to do, and it's worse for hub.....Well, back to studying
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:13 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Astrid
well, that's pretty amazing. I thought it would be ok until a couple of days ago when I tried out for one of those free "listening" tests. I did horrible! And I am good at english (or so I thought)...So I certainly have to practise. Never speak english in my daily life and haven't done so for ages, so there's really some work to do, and it's worse for hub.....Well, back to studying
BELIEVE !