Wikiposts

So I got my IELTS results today...

Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:16 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default So I got my IELTS results today...

Listening 7.5
Reading 7
Writing 8
Speaking 9

Overall 8

Pretty happy with that :-)
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:54 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: So I got my IELTS results today...

Congrats. It's quite a tough test at times.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:56 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lyx
Congrats. It's quite a tough test at times.
Thank you.....yes I thought it wasnt that easy at all but happy with the outcome !
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough

congratz mate! Just out of curiosity; are you a native english speaker? Hub is taking the test in a couple of months, and we are S#"¤ scared of how he will do
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough

He (hub) is NOT a native english speaker.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Astrid
I think it is hard even for a native english speaker. I take my hat off to those who arn't and congratulate them all for even attempting it. For me, I was terrified of the speaking part as Im from Liverpool and talk quite fast. However, I do have the gift of the gab and can get passionate when talking. I have heard that when doing the IELTS speaking test that "silence is definately not golden!"
I also joined a forum on facebook. I had loads and loads of links from people and also private mails explaining how to downloads the 6 cambridge books via torrents. People were really helpful so I suggest that you join facebook and gets any help you can. I also subscribes to www.IELTS-Blog.com which was also helpful, however; their teachers were very consevative with their marking my essays and I always seemed to get a score of 6 from them They do charge for this so always wondered if that was the case? In the IELTS test I scored an 8 so was delighted with this.
Lots and lots of practise is required whether English is your first language or not. I'm sure your husband will be fine

Last edited by wilson01; Feb 7th 2010 at 10:25 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone going for IELTS I'd recommend this site - has some good practice tests. Also just go to your library and look for IELTS workbooks - they give lots of tips and advice to help you allot your time answering questions, how to find the information you need quickly (skimming and scanning!)
http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free...ice-tests.html

cheers
shears
Old Feb 8th 2010, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

DRSAS will become famous soon enoughDRSAS will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: So I got my IELTS results today...

Originally Posted by wilson01
I also joined a forum on facebook. I had loads and loads of links from people and also private mails explaining how to downloads the 6 cambridge books via torrents.
Hi wilson01
Can you please share the name of the forum on facebook?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:27 am
Banned

Shereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Listening 7.5
Reading 7
Writing 8
Speaking 9

Overall 8

WOW, amazing score! well done
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DRSAS
Hi wilson01
Can you please share the name of the forum on facebook?
Yes, if you are a member of facebook, just log in and in the search type IELTS and it should come up. I will have a little look to see if I can find the link for you

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...gid=8030739138

Here it is

Last edited by wilson01; Feb 8th 2010 at 2:34 am.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilson01
Yes, if you are a member of facebook, just log in and in the search type IELTS and it should come up. I will have a little look to see if I can find the link for you

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...gid=8030739138

Here it is
Dont think it will work like that with the link Just try what I suggested above by searching for it in the search engine
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Here is another fantastic link that I used. There is so much on this site http://www.ielts-exam.net/index.php?...tpage&Itemid=1 There are 12 full tests to complete on here!

Last edited by wilson01; Feb 8th 2010 at 2:48 am.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:32 am
Melbourne Rock City

congratz mate! Just out of curiosity; are you a native english speaker? Hub is taking the test in a couple of months, and we are S#"¤ scared of how he will do
No Im not, Im german....its funny because the first time I came to australia I didnt say a word, I let my mate do the talking for me as I was too embarrassed to talk....your hubby will be fine though....its important you pay attention to everything. I was nervous too even though I was pretty confident that I would be fine, but you never know I guess.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:51 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Can I recommend the Peter May book - IELTS practise tests - academic level. It comes with 2 cd's for the listening part. (I got it from amazon). It's extremely like the real test and helped me no end, I got a band 9 overall, but was initially in tears when I attempted the practise tests.
As many have said before me, its all about getting into the ielts way of thinking, getting used to the layout and practise practise practise.
Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:01 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Listening 7.5
Reading 7
Writing 8
Speaking 9

Overall 8

great news, well done!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.