Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:27 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

Originally Posted by DingDandDoo
Quick one guys, I think i will miss out on the July 1st deadline. I have been granted state sponsorship from SA, everything is in order bar the IELTS.
I wont have time to sit another exam...I currently have 50 points and the IELTS would have brought me up to 70 points.
Where does this leave me in terms of the Skill Select system? Will i have to wait a long time again before i can apply?
when DIAC implemented e-visa system for general skilled migration (Sept 1, 2007) it kicked in at the open of business right on the 1st. it was glitchy for a few months and lots of people had issues with on-line applications, document uploads, status pages, you name it. So if past is any indication you can assume that the new system will be brought online right away. It has also been said somewhere else, that Invitations to apply will start later.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:00 am
Just Joined

cncsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all, 1st post. anyone know how long eoi will take
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:15 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cncsteve
Welcome to the forum.

In short, no. It'll depend on what rank your EoI is etc, so no-one will be able to predict how long it will take. They will be issuing invites monthly though, from August 2012.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

sabedin is an unknown quantity at this point

it is automated, depends on the points..the higher your points will be , more quickly you will get response..other wise after 2 years, within that time if u fail to get response, you will be eliminated..normally if you manage 70+ points there will be good chance for you
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

sabedin is an unknown quantity at this point

i want to know one thing..from where I can get the information of job demand list of different states...like in Adelaide which jobs are most demanded??
need help
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:26 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sabedin
i want to know one thing..from where I can get the information of job demand list of different states...like in Adelaide which jobs are most demanded??
need help
On their websites. If you Google the individual state migration plans, you should find them quite easily.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:58 am
Just Joined

r00Perth Murderck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cncsteve
in my mind, this way much better old one - on lots of Chinese and Indians should pass out
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r00Perth Murderck
in my mind, this way much better old one - on lots of Chinese and Indians should pass out
what does that mean? is it going to hard for chins & inds.? can u pls. explain? thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

ritz2044 is an unknown quantity at this point

Query -

I applied on 10th May with all documents for VIC SS. Now its almost a month and there is no sign of confirmation from them. I applied for System Analyst. I gave the ACS results and IELTS all togther .

In case if I miss the deadline then with EOI - as it is mentioned that If you get nominated then you get an invitation straight away. So I have two options -

1) Take a risk and apply before July 1st. I still get 28 days; but If I get a negative reply then i lose $3000

2) Second option would be to wait till July 1st and apply for EOI and in case if I get a positive reply then I can upload it in system. Only concern is that I will turn 32 in october.

So not sure which is better ?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by r00Perth Murderck
Originally Posted by jackliz5
what does that mean? is it going to hard for chins & inds.? can u pls. explain? thanks.
I'm going to have to agree with jackliz5 on this. What on earth are you on about?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ritz2044
Query -

I applied on 10th May with all documents for VIC SS. Now its almost a month and there is no sign of confirmation from them. I applied for System Analyst. I gave the ACS results and IELTS all togther .

In case if I miss the deadline then with EOI - as it is mentioned that If you get nominated then you get an invitation straight away. So I have two options -

1) Take a risk and apply before July 1st. I still get 28 days; but If I get a negative reply then i lose $3000

2) Second option would be to wait till July 1st and apply for EOI and in case if I get a positive reply then I can upload it in system. Only concern is that I will turn 32 in october.

So not sure which is better ?
Have you read the Victoria state website? It says clearly in the FAQs that processing times are approximately twelve weeks on receipt of a completed application. It may take you another two months to receive it yet.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Have you read the Victoria state website? It says clearly in the FAQs that processing times are approximately twelve weeks on receipt of a completed application. It may take you another two months to receive it yet.
But there is atleast Hope !!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:10 am

But there is atleast Hope !!
You need to be realistic though. I hope that you hear something before that, but I think it's probably unlikely.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
You need to be realistic though. I hope that you hear something before that, but I think it's probably unlikely.
So for EOI as mentioned on Victoria Site that in case if we get nominated by VIC state say by July 30th ( just an assumption) then if we have already applied for EOI and meet the 65 points criteria then would Victoria state send an invitation to apply directly.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

So for EOI as mentioned on Victoria Site that in case if we get nominated by VIC state say by July 30th ( just an assumption) then if we have already applied for EOI and meet the 65 points criteria then would Victoria state send an invitation to apply directly.
This information is from Vic State site -

"On 1 July 2012 the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) will be introducing SkillSelect and new skilled visa subclasses. SkillSelect is an online system that enables skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled visa through an Expression of Interest (EOI). Visit the SkillSelect website to find out the latest information.

If you register your EOI on SkillSelect and you are nominated by the Victorian Government for sponsorship, you will automatically receive an invitation to apply, subject to occupation ceilings.

Whether you are intending to apply for a sponsored visa before or after 1 July 2012, you should submit your application for sponsorship to us as soon as possible. Sponsorships will remain valid during this transition period and will not be affected by the DIAC changes.

Processing of Victorian Government skilled sponsorship applications will continue uninterrupted, however the name of the application forms will be updated on 1 June 2012 on this site in anticipation of the changes to DIAC’s visa application process.
"

Does this mean that irrespective of changes to DIAC; if VIC SS nominates you after 1st July also and if you are on EOI then you will get an invitation automatically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.