Skills Visa Help Hairdresser

Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

fings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to behold
Default Skills Visa Help Hairdresser

just wanted to know maybe its a silly question but here it goes
Wife a hairdresser trying to get through on her profession she has 22 years experience stopped in 1999 to have break due to having kids started again dec 2004 been told need 12 months of books coz self employed
If we get over on my wifes occupation does she have to work full time this is a concern due to fact having the kids picking up from school etc
I will be working full time but wife wants to work in between school hours so round about 25 hrs a week
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Visa Help Hairdresser

Originally Posted by fings
Wife a hairdresser trying to get through on her profession she has 22 years experience stopped in 1999 to have break due to having kids started again dec 2004 been told need 12 months of books coz self employed
If we get over on my wifes occupation does she have to work full time this is a concern due to fact having the kids picking up from school etc
I will be working full time but wife wants to work in between school hours so round about 25 hrs a week
If you go on a Skilled Independant visa (subclass 136) you don't have to work if you don't want to (and can support yourself obviously ). With this visa type, there are no restrictions of this sort on employment.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

fings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
If you go on a Skilled Independant visa (subclass 136) you don't have to work if you don't want to (and can support yourself obviously ). With this visa type, there are no restrictions of this sort on employment.
thanks for the info
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:09 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

She may need 12 out of the last 18 months or 3 out of the last 4 years experience in occupatiuon to gain extra points.

You can give up as soon as she gets the visa and never has to work in that field again, so you will be ok there.

Good luck and if you need any other advice on the tra, just email me, as im a hairdresser too(barber now)

alk
Old Jul 18th 2005, 9:14 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

First question to ask: what is your visa strategy?

For most of the general skilled visa classes to meet the basic Recent Work Experience requirement you need to have worked in a skilled occupation for 12 out of the last 18 months immediately preceding the lodgement of your visa application if you are nominating a 60 point occupation.

However, if you are planning to move to one of the States offering a State Nomination you might look at the Skills Matching visa, which has a lower RWE requirement of 6 out of the 12 months in a skilled occupation.

The fact that your wife is self employed makes no difference to the above requirements.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by fings
Old Jul 19th 2005, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the 3 year rule for Hairdressers and if you are self employed then you have to have an immediate 6 out of 7 years books, accounts and such.

lace x
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:26 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again lace.

You are referring to the requirements for a positive skills assessment classification from TRA. The original questioner noted that his wife has 22 years of work experience until she had a career break in 1999. Assuming this work experience can be demonstrated (and I acknowledge this isn't a given) there ought not be a problem with the skills assessment - that's why I focussed on the DIMIA requirements.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by lacey21
What about the 3 year rule for Hairdressers and if you are self employed then you have to have an immediate 6 out of 7 years books, accounts and such.

lace x
Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:54 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

lace im self employed an have been open for 2 years and ive had other shops in the past dotted between working and employed and didnt need 6 or 7 years accounts as u got in?

al
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for all the confusion,
I was told by the TRA that I would need 6 to 7 years experience if I were self employed I would need 3 years after my qualification to claim a TRA assesment and the MODL points. This is what I was told when I rang the TRA.
I am goign designated area so this does not apply to me, as long as I can prove that I have had a job 20 hours or more for the past 12 months (empoyed or self employed) then there will be no problem. This is straight from the DIMMA mouth!

Twice I rang on different occasions and twice I got the same answer.

Alan you sound fed up of me lol sorry, just want some sun. I did ask for your rates and stuff in an e-mail but you never got back to me.

Just doing what I can to get through the mine field of paper work and get a new life in Australia
cheers
Lace x
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:22 pm
Banned

Sorry lace not bored at all . Pm me with all the questions and ill send you copies of what i wrote about myself in refs and stat decs etc.with regards to the tra.Tell me what you need.

Al.x
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Al your a babe
hugs lace x